Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK to Ford F150 SVT Raptor

Old 07-26-2014, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Raptor is cool in an excessive kind of way, not in a capability kind of way. It's big and fast, but "going fast on dirt" can score some pretty nasty repair bills. The fuel economy is atrocious as well.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just sold my raptor to buy my jk. the raptor is good at going fast offroad, the jeep is good at offroad in general.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

"going fast off road"

what an oxymoron! true off road requires 4 lo, 4 lo is not fast..... in any vehicle......
Old 07-26-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
"going fast off road" what an oxymoron! true off road requires 4 lo, 4 lo is not fast..... in any vehicle......
thats your opinion, going fast is a lot fun.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
thats your opinion, going fast is a lot fun.
yes but its a fact that if you are going fast, you are on some kind of road, as true off road is so lumpy and full of boulders that you have to shift into 4 lo to crawl over them, and thus arent going fast anymore...... i know this physics stuff goes right over your head but bear with me.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"going fast off road"

what an oxymoron! true off road requires 4 lo, 4 lo is not fast..... in any vehicle......
You're a mister know it all eh Tim... I've read a few of your posts on other threads and it sure comes across that way... Whatever floats your boat..... Now back on topic my buddy owned a JKU traded it in for the Raptor only to return to a JKU less then a year later... I think he likes losing money it's his 3rd jeep in 4 years.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes but its a fact that if you are going fast, you are on some kind of road, as true off road is so lumpy and full of boulders that you have to shift into 4 lo to crawl over them, and thus arent going fast anymore...... i know this physics stuff goes right over your head but bear with me.
See .... Your an ass and I bet proud of it!! So new to the forum bet your making friends fast!!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"going fast off road" what an oxymoron! true off road requires 4 lo, 4 lo is not fast..... in any vehicle......
ever watch Baja? The very series the Raptor designers chased for the theme of the truck? I think a trophy truck hitting 90+ mph is fast. With that said, it is still a civilized truck by comparison. Oh, and I raced ATVs in the gncc. You go fast there too. Off road.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
ever watch Baja? The very series the Raptor designers chased for the theme of the truck? I think a trophy truck hitting 90+ mph is fast. With that said, it is still a civilized truck by comparison. Oh, and I raced ATVs in the gncc. You go fast there too. Off road.
agree to disagree, i know what youre talking about with the baja racing, but the terrain is so smooth and road like, a stock f 150 can drive it fine im not saying the raptor isnt a fun vehicle or anything, just that the jeep goes places the raptor would break trying too but ya, I would never go flying off a hill like that raptor in the video did with my jeep, i love my jeep, i have no desire to see how badly i can break the frame doing something like that
Old 07-27-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
You're a mister know it all eh Tim... I've read a few of your posts on other threads and it sure comes across that way... Whatever floats your boat..... Now back on topic my buddy owned a JKU traded it in for the Raptor only to return to a JKU less then a year later... I think he likes losing money it's his 3rd jeep in 4 years.
I was going to go with asshole, but I didn't feel like argueing with him last night
Originally Posted by robsjeep9
See .... Your an ass and I bet proud of it!! So new to the forum bet your making friends fast!!
I agree!

Last edited by Baddkarmaracing; 07-27-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quick Reply: JK to Ford F150 SVT Raptor