Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK to Ford F150 SVT Raptor

Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
yes but its a fact that if you are going fast, you are on some kind of road, as true off road is so lumpy and full of boulders that you have to shift into 4 lo to crawl over them, and thus arent going fast anymore...... i know this physics stuff goes right over your head but bear with me.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a nice reply all typed out to respond to him, but i decided i would be the grown up here and refrain from really speaking my mind, plus i probobaly would have been banned from here, and i like this place more than i like telling people like him off lol
Old 07-27-2014, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Well mtn man does have a point, it's just that his version of offroad is more offroad than the type that the Raptor was designed for. The Baja is definitely more road like than the Rubicon trail after all...
Old 07-27-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TreyJK
Well mtn man does have a point, it's just that his version of offroad is more offroad than the type that the Raptor was designed for. The Baja is definitely more road like than the Rubicon trail after all...
while i can agree to a certain extent, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about voicing your opinion and he has in my opinion voiced his opinion the wrong way.

and for those who say that baja isnt offroad, i challenge you to run the speeds that a stock raptor can in your stock jeep and see what happens, trust me you wont like the results.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
while i can agree to a certain extent, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about voicing your opinion and he has in my opinion voiced his opinion the wrong way. and for those who say that baja isnt offroad, i challenge you to run the speeds that a stock raptor can in your stock jeep and see what happens, trust me you wont like the results.
I agree with you on the voicing of opinions, I was just trying to clear any confusion there may have been in the last few posts.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
agree to disagree, i know what youre talking about with the baja racing, but the terrain is so smooth and road like, a stock f 150 can drive it fine im not saying the raptor isnt a fun vehicle or anything, just that the jeep goes places the raptor would break trying too but ya, I would never go flying off a hill like that raptor in the video did with my jeep, i love my jeep, i have no desire to see how badly i can break the frame doing something like that
the guy in the video apparently bought into the hype. LOL!!! And, after personally attending a Baja race, 8' mounds of dirt being jumped at 100 isn't peanuts. But yeah, get what your saying. The raptor is like most any other vehicle in the sense that it is manufactured for its purpose. Look good, have off road capability and that's about it. It is not physically built for pre running or Baja racing. Looks the part, but doesn't perform. Reminds me of this really hot girl I dated once. Looked good, dumb as hell and held out like a refrigerated egg. LOL!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

My thoughts are two-fold.

Performance. The Raptor is built to go fast off highway (I'll let the rest of you discuss the exact definition of "off road"). Put it on a washboard dirt road and it will beat most any production vehicle out there (it's about as fair to compare a Raptor to a Baja racer as it is to compare a stock Jeep JK to a $100K KOH competitor). But, put it on the really rough stuff, and the Jeep JK begins to shine.

Years ago the British made a lot of great two-seater sports cars. They were super fun to drive. Not super fast--not exoticars by any means. But, they were super fun to drive. And where could you really put an exoticar through its paces?

That's the same thing for the Raptor and the Jeep JK. Most Raptors will never be pushed anywhere close to their limits. Why? Because it's illegal and downright crazy to go at 100 MPH down some washboard road through the countryside. Yes, the occasional person will do so, just as the occasional Corvette owner pushes 150 out on the Interstate. But they are outliers. Whereas, the Jeep JK can be taken out every month, weekend, day if you have the time, and used for it's designed purpose. It isn't pretentious at all. It says what it can do, and it goes out and does it.

Appearance. No doubt the Raptor is a good looking pick-up truck. But, I have a friend who owns a Corvette. And a Jeep very similar to mine (when he built his he used my '07 as the model for his '12). Yet, he is amazed that he gets more looks, questions, and people sneaking pictures of his Jeep than his Corvette. His Corvette looks just like a million other Corvettes. His Jeep is one-of-a-kind. On top of that, there is something primal in people (kids and men especially) that they just like Jeeps. If you enjoy having folks admire your handiwork, then building a Jeep is a better answer than any other vehicle out there. Well, maybe short of a quarter million dollar exoticar--and on that I think the odds are even.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Appearance. No doubt the Raptor is a good looking pick-up truck. But, I have a friend who owns a Corvette. And a Jeep very similar to mine (when he built his he used my '07 as the model for his '12). Yet, he is amazed that he gets more looks, questions, and people sneaking pictures of his Jeep than his Corvette. His Corvette looks just like a million other Corvettes. His Jeep is one-of-a-kind. On top of that, there is something primal in people (kids and men especially) that they just like Jeeps. If you enjoy having folks admire your handiwork, then building a Jeep is a better answer than any other vehicle out there. Well, maybe short of a quarter million dollar exoticar--and on that I think the odds are even.
What? I don't get your point. Buying a vehicle just to impress other people. That is an odd reason to purchase a vehicle. Who are you trying to impress and why?

Man I just don't understand rich people. People should buy what they like not what everyone else likes.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR

What? I don't get your point. Buying a vehicle just to impress other people. That is an odd reason to purchase a vehicle. Who are you trying to impress and why?

Man I just don't understand rich people. People should buy what they like not what everyone else likes.
You sure found a way to twist that all around. I'm hardly rich. And this is what I bought my Jeep for ...

Explore Your World: http://youtu.be/0Yq51rHh8MY

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 07-27-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill
I have an F150 SWB and a JK in my driveway. The F150 is not a Raptor, but if I had to get rid of one it would not be the JK. The F150 feels like a clumsy sweat hog after driving the Jeep.
How weird is this - I posted ^^^ on Friday, and on Saturday I was driving the F150 when a bimbo driving a Lexus GS came across the center line and totaled me head head-on. I got taken to ER on a back board but nothing is broken and I'm just sore as hell.

The F150 and the Lexus weigh exactly the same. Both are toast. Combined impact speed was 70-80 mph. Airbags all around.

If I had been driving the lifted JK she would probably still be picking my winch hook out of her teeth.

Quick Reply: JK to Ford F150 SVT Raptor