Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk soft top questions

Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Not really that hard. You can disassemble completely of wanted but I just take trektop nx and slid under bed in winter time. I do have 3 car garage but still don't wanna take chance of getting windows too scratched (even though nice scratches from offroading) so under bed it goes
Do the aftermarket need a frame? Cause i do not have one.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmyts313
I am looking for a soft top for my 14 wrangler unlimited. I have seen some that fold back so the front passengers can let the sun in, and some do not do this. Which one should I look for that do?
Also. I can find no determining factor in what years cross, or if 07-14 are the same.. Or not. Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you all much for the guidance!
The premium soft top offered by jeep(since 2013)also comes with spring assist when completely folding it back,which I find really helps.The new material is really nice,much more like a real convertible top.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Update.. I bought a 12 top and it's a bitch for one person to take down and put up. Wish I would have stuck to my guns and paid a bit more for a 13 or 14. :/
Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm I own a 12 with the sunrider softtop and I can get it up and down in maybe 2 mins each way by myself. It is an unlimited also. I would say when I first got it I thought it was awful and took a little bit but once you figure it out it is quick and easy.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

I didn't get the sun rider version that comes with springs to assist putting it up. My beef is I am 6'7" and no wuss, and I can't put the top up by myself unless I get into the jeep... It sucks
Old 07-21-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schlieko
So I went with an Offroad Heros top. Best top I have ever owned. Thing is like a science experiment. Highly modular and everything folds up. But you need to have deep pockets and unbelievable patience... expect to wait at least 4 months for top. But I would have waited for 2 years for this thing. Will never change back.
I also got an ORH top. The fit, design and multiple ways to run it. It does take a while once you order but it's worth the wait and $$. Just the other day I was able to rest an can of dr pepper on the roof without it falling over. Never had it leak either. The simplicity and well thought out design can be seen throughout the install and product. Doesn't interfere with a roof rack either.

Sent from my recliner

Quick Reply: Jk soft top questions