Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keeping cats out

Old 06-22-2016, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Keeping cats out

I'm sure someone has a solution that involves something other than shooting the cats that are keep getting in my Jeep. They're bound to start pissing in it soon, and once that happens I'm gonna freak out. The Jeep was too expensive for it to get pissed in by anyone but me. I'd like to try options that didn't involve my Winchester first. Anyone have any methods or suggestions? Preferably ones that don't involve spending money on one of those covers.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep a dog in the Jeep or something like this http://tinyurl.com/jhyn6yx
Old 06-23-2016, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mothballs
Old 06-23-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Bowl of cat kibble OUTSIDE the jeep

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-23-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kellen
Mothballs
Don't know about keeping those danged cats out of Jeeps, but the mothballs work great for keeping them out of our flower beds.

Now if I could find something that works as well for weeds . . .
Old 06-23-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wild/feral cats? Or your beloved pet cats?

Personally, I see cats as rodents and kill them if my dogs don't get them first. I live in a rural area, and if I don't take care of the cats, mice, moles, ground hogs, skunks and raccoons that try to share the space around the house, they multiply.

Luckily, my one dog is very effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her? But sometimes she isn't on the ball, and I step in and take up the slack. There would never be a day that I let a cat live that walked on my paint or jumped into my car.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Wild/feral cats? Or your beloved pet cats?

Personally, I see cats as rodents and kill them if my dogs don't get them first. I live in a rural area, and if I don't take care of the cats, mice, moles, ground hogs, skunks and raccoons that try to share the space around the house, they multiply.

Luckily, my one dog is very effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her? But sometimes she isn't on the ball, and I step in and take up the slack. There would never be a day that I let a cat live that walked on my paint or jumped into my car.

HAHA. I hate cats. My dog chases them down also.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Wild/feral cats? Or your beloved pet cats? Personally, I see cats as rodents and kill them if my dogs don't get them first. I live in a rural area, and if I don't take care of the cats, mice, moles, ground hogs, skunks and raccoons that try to share the space around the house, they multiply. Luckily, my one dog is very effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her? But sometimes she isn't on the ball, and I step in and take up the slack. There would never be a day that I let a cat live that walked on my paint or jumped into my car.
Oh you sound like such a big man!!! Too bad irresponsible pet owners don't have their pets fixed...... None the less it's a living animal and maybe a pest in some cases but I would never kill one because it jumped into my jeep or walked on my paint .... A$$ .....
Old 06-23-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Big man? Not sure what that is intended to imply?

I'd shoot you if you jumped on my car, why would a cat be any different. It's a ****ing rodent. You let rodents live around your house? I don't.

I am guessing that your a cat person. That's cool. I on the other am not. I am a car person, and I take my vehicles very serious and keep them in way above average condition. My dog would never jump on a car, that shit is stopped before it starts when they are pups.

I'm glad that you are so emotional over cats and raccoons. You have feelings and respect all life. Your a good man. Have a good day, and be safe in whatever you do.

Bring your cat over one day, my dog would love to frolic around our pasture with it.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

16+ years of parking a convertible with the top down 80+% of the time, never had a cat pee in the car. Ever.

Don't worry about it. Worst you are going to get is a paw print or two.

You should be far more concerned about birds, tree pollen, dust from the trail (which in my case, is impossible to get out and stinks). I have spent a lot of time cleaning cedar (mountain juniper) and oak pollen out of my convertibles. Maybe once in 1.5 decades a bird got the underside of the top while it was folded, never any problem with any animal, ever.

Quick Reply: Keeping cats out