Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

License plate

Old 08-20-2014, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate

Hello. I just got a new front bumper. Smittybilt Xrc with stinger and don't know where to mount my front license plate. I've seen people wrap them around the stinger but does anybody have any tricks or advice. Haven't been pulled over yet and I've been driving around for about a month without it. But rather be safe then sorry
Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some decent brackets that mount to the fair lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while wrenching on my Jeep.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I just put mine in the back pocket of the passenger seat so if I ever get asked for it I can say I just got a new bumper and haven't installed it yet. I don't want a plate on the front and don't think it would ever be an issue here in Oregon. Tons of Jeeps here without plates on the front.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahah ok thanks. Well no bullshit I just got pulled over on my way to lunch for not having my front license plate. State trooper. Only got a warning. But of course when I post something to try to solve it! I get pulled over!

Quick Reply: License plate