Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty for '08?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty for '08?

So I knew about the lifetime powertrain warranty, but I purchased an '08 Dodge Caravan yesterday (very nice compiment to my JK), and with it I was able to purchase a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty. I told the dealer I didn't believe him at first, but he showed me the docs, wrote up the contract, etc. Basically they're telling me my new minivan is going to live FOREVER.

Are the offering this on the '08+ JKs? I wish I could have gotten something like that on my '07. Dealer told me he wasn't sure how long Chrysler is going to offer it, and yes it is Chrysler and not an aftermarket.

Cool stuff.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Minivan? You admitted to buying one of those things? Seriously, I wouldn't mind if my wife had one for the convenience sure would be cheaper than the Exploder. She doesn't like minivans; and I offered to buy her an Unlimited, but she didn't want that either. Women are difficult.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree -- dump the minivan
Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gifford888
I agree -- dump the minivan
LOL. You guys make me laugh. 4-kids. That should say it. Besides, I got tired of my wife driving my JK. Until you drive accross country with wife, 4 kids, and a dog in a decked out caravan, you'll never understand. Let me drive the JK. Let the family take the family van.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased this warranty for my 08 4 door Sahara. My previous Jeep was an 87 YJ, and I had it up until 6 months ago. My intentions are that my JK become my daughter's car in 10 years, when she turns 16. So, I opted for this, because of the nature of the MyGig, and normal wear items such as bearings and axle repair that this warranty will address. If you read the fine print, towing, a rental car, and travel disruption reimbursement all apply only to 100k, but the warranty for everything else remains throughout- as long as you meet the needed 5 year inspections.

-t
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

How much does it cost though?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joetter
How much does it cost though?
I paid 2k, which is the same I paid for the extended warranty on my JK.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also got the lifetime bumper to bumper, just in case any of those problems I've been reading about happen to rear their ugly heads. Cost was about $2300
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

I got offered one for 7years/100k ($1900 I think?), but I heard the cost is lower if you wait to buy it later on. and since my next 3 years is covered anyhow, why buy now?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MileHighAko
So I knew about the lifetime powertrain warranty, but I purchased an '08 Dodge Caravan yesterday (very nice compiment to my JK), and with it I was able to purchase a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty. I told the dealer I didn't believe him at first, but he showed me the docs, wrote up the contract, etc. Basically they're telling me my new minivan is going to live FOREVER.

Are the offering this on the '08+ JKs? I wish I could have gotten something like that on my '07. Dealer told me he wasn't sure how long Chrysler is going to offer it, and yes it is Chrysler and not an aftermarket.

Cool stuff.
Do the side door windows open on those? Always hated that they haven't in the past.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty for '08?