Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking to buy.....

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy.....

Hey I have just sold my truck and I have come across 09 Wangler Unlimited X.... this truck has the Lift, tires, rims, grill and bumper, and winch... I wanted some of you guys to take a look at the add and see if I am getting a good deal... I have to drive 400 miles to look at it
so heres the link just let me know what you guys think about it...

Jeep : Wrangler Unlimited X in Jeep | eBay Motors
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigvin83
Hey I have just sold my truck and I have come across 09 Wangler Unlimited X.... this truck has the Lift, tires, rims, grill and bumper, and winch... I wanted some of you guys to take a look at the add and see if I am getting a good deal... I have to drive 400 miles to look at it
so heres the link just let me know what you guys think about it...

Jeep : Wrangler Unlimited X in Jeep | eBay Motors
I'd say it's a good deal, but there may be even better deals out there. I just bought my JK about 3 month ago. 2007 X, 70,000 miles, lift wheels and tires, and bare bones nothing to it package for $20,000.

Good luck
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So for a few more grand he gets an Unlimited 09 with 20k less mileage. I'd say he found a better deal than yours Just giving you a hard time

Looks like a good price to me
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
JK Freak

Not a good deal. 3:21 gear ratio that thing is gonna be a dog. And the pics are deceiving it only has 32 inch size tires basically stock size. I'd look for some thing local.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
JK Junkie

That's an eBay post of factory specs. That's an automatic so it can't be 3.21s. At minimum it'll be 3.73s. There is aftermarket diff covers so there is a chance the gears have been upgraded. As for tire size, those are most likely 33s
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
So for a few more grand he gets an Unlimited 09 with 20k less mileage. I'd say he found a better deal than yours Just giving you a hard time

Looks like a good price to me
Yeah no doubt that's a better deal than mine. Lol, that's the point I was trying to make! I got mine from a stealership. And I'm not so good at the haggling thing haha
Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm selling my '07 Sahara JKU, have it posted in the Recycler page and also on Autotrader (AT-143E8A22) . Below is a link (I hope) to the recycler page posting. Let me know if you're interested.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jeep...tlanta-260387/

Last edited by Run2Ga; 02-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

I would contact the seller for actual details on the JK, what is provided really says nothing as the detailed information is just generic info and talks about all trims. You need to know what kind of lift it has, actual tire size, gear ratio, etc. Also ask for pictures of the undercarriage as that can tell you how it was treated by the previous owner (i.e. beat up on trails or just used as a mall crawler). Also pictures of the engine compartment above and below so you can look for any small leaks or seapage.

Personally I would never buy a used vehicle without seeing it first hand as there are a lot of flaws and details that can be missed in pictures. For example, this is a bare bones model and if cruise control is something you want, I don't think it has it. Also at 50K miles it's really close, if not already there, to needing a lot of maintenance work such as belts, hoses, all fluids changed, etc. You can't assume the dealer has done all this. I personally don't think it's that good of a deal for a s stock JK X, remember that aftermarket add ons really should not impact he price. Per Kelly Blue Book ot appears this is priced at least $1-2K over.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good for the price. It gets a thumbs up in my book.

A side note - I was looking at JK's on AutoTrader the other day, and I honestly think the resale of JK's went up in the last few years. There are 2-door JK's out there with 100K on them going for 15K or more. I wont bore people with the specifics, but I got my JK used, 1 year old, under 30K miles, for $17,900. I am by no means a haggler. I bought my JK the same way as mentioned here -- saw it on eBay and took a ride to go see it. Maybe I just got lucky.

Last edited by yo_marc; 02-14-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

dealer sent me pics of the engine - looks clean- thanks for the advice though- I feel its at least worth to look at- I am looking for something with some of the aftermarket features already done to it, just saves me the time and hassel and not to mention cost! I have a family and in the military, so extra cash can sometimes be hard to get... I will deff keep checking out the under-carriage in mind- and checking for leaks... sometimes when buying a car you get so caught up in the new car mode and forget to check all the basics... I will keep you all posted

Quick Reply: Looking to buy.....