Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking for guidance in upgrading my Jeep JK 2015 Altitude edition

Old 07-31-2015, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for guidance in upgrading my Jeep JK 2015 Altitude edition

Hey guys!
I just recently bought a new Jeep and I caught the off roading bug, Im wondering what kind of lift package and tires/rims I should invest in, I'm looking for decent parts that arent gonna wear down quickly over time.
Im stoked to hear back from all of you
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11722403_10155799912375514_4208035715667058875_o.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	619915  
Old 07-31-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

There are a lot of things one can do with a Jeep. Rock crawl. Overlanding. Keep family safe when it snows. Mudding. Drive out to fishing/hunting shack. Even just mall crawl. If you'll share with us how you plan to use the Jeep, you'll get a better answer.

Meanwhile, at the top (tabbed if using a phone app) of the Modified JK Tech sub-forum is a sticky, "My thoughts on lifts", by Dirtman. Study that post for a wealth of answers. After that, you'll be prepared to ask smarter questions.

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to wave at other Jeepers!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Beard
Hey guys! I just recently bought a new Jeep and I caught the off roading bug, Im wondering what kind of lift package and tires/rims I should invest in, I'm looking for decent parts that arent gonna wear down quickly over time. Im stoked to hear back from all of you Thanks!!
Synergy stuff is probably one of the best out right now. Coils is probably more a personal preference I use Rock Krawler triple rate, shocks if money is not an issue I would go with 2.5 kings with adjustable compression if on a budget I think most shocks last about the same. I think wheels is a personal preference for look or functionality I would stick with 17-18 inch wheels as you have more tires to pick from and better prices, make sure the offset is right and tires is the same thing I had MT tires that worked great and now I'm using Toyo RT tires and so far love them 33's are perfect if you don't want to re-gear 35's are great too but re-gear is probably a must.
Just remember that a stock jeep is very capable of doing just about anything just not crazy rock crawling sometimes just a small lift and 33's is all you need.

Last edited by stangmike1; 08-01-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There are a lot of things one can do with a Jeep. Rock crawl. Overlanding. Keep family safe when it snows. Mudding. Drive out to fishing/hunting shack. Even just mall crawl. If you'll share with us how you plan to use the Jeep, you'll get a better answer.

Meanwhile, at the top (tabbed if using a phone app) of the Modified JK Tech sub-forum is a sticky, "My thoughts on lifts", by Dirtman. Study that post for a wealth of answers. After that, you'll be prepared to ask smarter questions.

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to wave at other Jeepers!
This..

you cant build till you know what purpose you are building for... think of it like looking for a house.. you have in mind what your house needs to be before you go buy or build it... same with your Jeep..

you can actually go quite a few places bone stock in these things...

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Looking for guidance in upgrading my Jeep JK 2015 Altitude edition