Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lost Keys

Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Keys

Has anyone had to replace keys for their Wrangler and accessories? I need to replace my lost jeep key w/ alarm remote and my Bestop Underseat Storage box.

Luckily I have a spare jeep key to get me by but the storage box is a problem.

Sent from my NOTE II on Sprint using JK-Forum
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
Has anyone had to replace keys for their Wrangler and accessories? I need to replace my lost jeep key w/ alarm remote and my Bestop Underseat Storage box.

I know that Tuffy is really good about replacing keys for their lock boxes, so I would assume that Bestop is just as good. Give them a call, they are always great people to deal with and usually go above and beyond to help someone out. They also have a customer service email, but it is usually pretty busy and takes a while to get a response back.

Their number is 1-800-845-3567 and they are there from 8AM-5PM coast to coast. I hope this helps!

-Zach
Old 09-04-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Solution to lost jeep lock box keys

Originally Posted by BlueBeast

There is a number on the lock. I had the same problem. My locks on my boxes were a 1 on the driver side and a 3 on the passenger side. Bestop has discontinued these locks because it was too hard to have spare keys made. I found this out after I called Bestop ordered all three locks they sold with matching keys and none of them worked. The new lock numbers they have keys for are 4,5 & 6. I have all the keys for locks 1,3,4,5 & 6 for sale on eBay.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lost keys

have a locksmith pick it open and you can get a replacement lock for about $6.00 to $10.00 from them.

Quick Reply: Lost Keys