Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

M416 help!!!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M416 help!!!

Just got a M416...can anyone tell me which lift kit to buy or should I just flip the axle and raise the fenders. Someone once told me it was a leaf spring lift kit for a cj5 that matches up with these trailers. I'm only going with 33's. Also I saw some h-shackles on a forum once that looked a lot stronger and more practical than the c-shackles it has on it. Can anyone let me know where to find these also. I'm having trouble finding this stuff on the internet...partly because I'm half IT retarded...ok I'm fully IT retarded. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Most that I know of have just flipped the axle. It's pretty simple to do. Also try googling M416 lift or axle flip and you'll find some other forums that specialize in expedition trailers and have all sorts of ideas.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Most that I know of have just flipped the axle. It's pretty simple to do. Also try googling M416 lift or axle flip and you'll find some other forums that specialize in expedition trailers and have all sorts of ideas.
Thanks scouter, I'll check it out.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 AM
JK Freak

As more of a gun gut than a Jeep guy, I have to say I was very curious why you would need a lift for an M416.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rickyj
As more of a gun gut than a Jeep guy, I have to say I was very curious why you would need a lift for an M416.
It helps if you have a lifted Jeep to align the trailer & jeep frames so the trailer rides level and is easier for off roading with it.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickyj
Ditto what scout said, it also looks pretty damn cool and I'll be putting a wider axle to match the track width of the Jeep. It just makes everything tow and ride better.

Quick Reply: M416 help!!!