Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

mad and sad

Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me with a problem. I have a 2012 sport i bought in April for background. Anyways i washed my Jeep at a car wash the other day and some paint blew off on the grill. It's a spot the size of my fingernail. My wife took her to my dealer and they said that's not warranty and that a rock chipped it. When my wife said it happened while we were washing the car they replied that a rock hit it and weakened it and that the wash just knocked it off. I'm a little upset by this because they quoted her a price to fix it and said it needed to be done asap so it won't get worse. I believe this should be warrantied. I guess what I'm asking is should i just get touch up paint, pay them to fix it, or go raise cane myself at the dealer? Thanks for yalls time.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy some plasti-dip and paint the whole grill. If u don't know what plasti-dip is, its pretty much liquid rubber in a spray can. They sell it at Lowe's or home depot. There is also a thread on here about doing that to the grill.I think its call "plasti-dipped grills"
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yea, if for some reason you don't like it, you can just peel the plasti-dip off like a decal, the stuff is amazing
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've used it before on heavy equipment but don't want it for my private ride lol. Thanks for the to though bro.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

I would suggest going and raising cain yourself. Then take it to a couple private body shops for quotes.

You might also get lucky on CL or ebay and get a front grill for $100. Or a chrome one even cheaper.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I would suggest going and raising cain yourself. Then take it to a couple private body shops for quotes.
^x2 I would go in and see what you can get done
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

You might get lucky trying another dealership....
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did they quote you?

I would just get a can of mopar spray paint and fix it. I don't see Chrysler siding with you after the jeep has been on the road 8 months.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bedliner it or touch it up yourself. I noticed a nice chip around my passanger door on my 12, I plan to just touch it up so it doesn't rust
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwain
What did they quote you?

I would just get a can of mopar spray paint and fix it. I don't see Chrysler siding with you after the jeep has been on the road 8 months.
That's what i was figuring just wanted to know of anyone has already been in this situation. I didn't even ask about the quote i was too ill of a mood. I'm thinking that mopar paint from quad tec. Still makes me mad I've bought three vehicles new in my life and this is the only one where paint has chipped off a grill. Much less in under a year.

Quick Reply: mad and sad