Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

mbrp xp series exhaust.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mbrp xp series exhaust.

Anybody have the mbrp xp series exhaust on their rig. Really like the sound clips I've heard. What are your thoughts owners?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont have one but when i was researching between this stye of exaust i ran accrost quite a few threads of people having issues with them or not very happy.
most of the issues seem to be from them falling off the rubber hangars or the black coating falling off the cheaper versions and them rusting up pretty bad pretty quick .
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
i dont have one but when i was researching between this stye of exaust i ran accrost quite a few threads of people having issues with them or not very happy.
most of the issues seem to be from them falling off the rubber hangars or the black coating falling off the cheaper versions and them rusting up pretty bad pretty quick .
Oh really. i was looking at the t409 stainless steel. IDK i will have to do more research as time comes closer to make a choice.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Keep doing research don't be quick and jump on the first thing that sounds great. I am not to familiar with exhaust which is why I haven't swapped out my stock exhaust yet and I won't till I am 100% sure, so for now I will wait for the stock to crap out and by than I'm going to hope that my research would have paid off for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

I used to have the MBRP S5514409 and it was awesome. However, the wife really hated the fact that if I was accelerating onto the highway, up a hill or just getting on it, we couldn't have a conversation. So, yea, it was a little loud. It was the T409 also, so no problems, it never came off the hanger and absolutely no rust. I ended up selling it to one of the other members here on the site. You won't go wrong with it. The only other exhaust I have personally heard was the Metal Mulisha. It sounded great. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: mbrp xp series exhaust.