Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Military Personell

Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military Personell

Before I start this is not a post about JKs, I am a member from Australia, and I am ex Royal Australian Air Force, and a current serving member of the Queensland Police Service. What I am wanting to figure out is this.
I have extremely wide feet, and I have noticed on E bay that there are people selling pairs of boots that they do not have use for any more.
I have a US 9.5 (4E) foot and these size boots are virtually impossible to buy in Australia. I am using either 10.5 W or 11s to get the width I need.
As I said before I have seen boots for sale in Ebay that troops are getting rid of, BUT my question is this......... I can see the sizing is diffrent on these boots and I can not figure out what is equivellent to what I need (US 9.5 4E).
AND is there anybody out there that would have a pair of boots that will fit that are willing to sell them to me????
I am willing to pay for them and for the postage if the price is right.
I know it seems to be a strange question to ask on a site like this, BUT Im getting desperate. I have to buy all my shoes from the US and I know Asics and New Balance US 9.5 4E fit me like they should, but when it comes to a Hiking Boot or Hunting Boot, I cant seem to find aything. I usually buy Keen Boots, but they seem to have become narrower. And I have recently baught two pair and they do not fit.
I am after either a 9.5 4E or even at 10.5 in a tan boot, ( preferably new if possible) I can use for hiking, SO if anyone can help please post back, ask around, PM me, any help would be appreciated.
I would even concider buying two pairs if they are good.
Thanks

Luke

Last edited by yeahright; 04-10-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Not sure if they ship to Australia. But check out www.sportsmansguide.com. As for the size conversion, I believe there are online calculator converters for this, and maybe even iPhone apps.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Not sure if they ship to Australia. But check out Sportsman's Guide - Outdoor Gear, Military Surplus, Survival Gear and more. As for the size conversion, I believe there are online calculator converters for this, and maybe even iPhone apps.
Will do thanks heaps

Quick Reply: Military Personell