Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mirrors when doors off

Old 03-10-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors when doors off

What's the best mirrors to bolt in door hinges?
Where would I buy them
Old 03-10-2013, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alot of people say daystar has the best door hinge mirror brackets. I personally went with rugged ridge ones that have brackets that bolt to the side of the windshield. The mirror it self is a quick disco so it's easy to go door-less. The hinge mount mirrors from other users say there is too much vibration and they can't use them above 35 mph
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

I've been digging up info about mirriors for a few days now, lots of good words for the Olympic 4x4 safari mirriors. They drop into the top door hinge and keeps you from removing your stock mirriors from the door when you take the doors off. I didn't get those because someday when the wallet catches up I plan on getting half doors, so the Olympic mirriors would not work and I'd end up re buying mirriors again. I got the mirriors relocation brackets so I could move the mirriors and forget about it. They have a black cap that covers the original mirriors mounting location here's the link for the relocation I purchased

Original Replacement Parts 102504RR - Mirror Relocation Bracket in Black for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I haven't gotten mine in yet, so no opinion on the relocation. I hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Harley Davidson mirrors off eBay for around $30 just paint them black

Sent from my i5 using just one thumb and tapatalk
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flyingbrian
Harley Davidson mirrors off eBay for around $30 just paint them black
I second this. Get the long-stem version. Works great.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Pep boys has a mirror for like 15 bucks. All you would need to get is hardware from a hardware store. I hang mine from the roll bar when I take the door surrounds off.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

I just look over my shoulder

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

American Outlaw Mirrors - Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories - 4WD

other vendors have them too. these are my favorite for looks and quality. they are not cheap, so many prefer the harley/pep boys mirror route. I personally like my jeep to look factory not "cheap", no offense guys. i use my side mirrors a lot while driving so this is an investment in an actual functional item not just something to keep me from getting a ticket. there are several threads on here about these mirrors. it seems many people like them, just dont feel the $$ is worth it. i got them for christmas.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by M1222
What's the best mirrors to bolt in door hinges?
Where would I buy them
I previously, did a lot of homework on this subject and what I found.....

By far the "best" mirrors for when the doors are off and mounts in the door hinges are to get the Die-Tech Off-road Mirror brackets.
Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets

Then go on ebay and get yourself a pair of the OEM knock-off mirror replacements and this is what you have.

Right Hand Side:
Mirror Manual Passenger Side Right Hand OE Replacment | eBay

Left Hand Side:
Mirror Manual Driver Side Left Hand OE Replacment | eBay

When all is said and done, you don't have to drill any new holes, or put additional brackets on for mounting, because they mount right on the door hinges, and you're using a Mirror that looks exactly like the JK mirrors you're already familiar with using, and gives you the most viewable area behind you.

This is what I did, and when I take the doors off, I just put the mirrors on in the same process, so it's really no extra work. If you wanted to save some money, you could always remove the OEM mirrors from the doors and mount them on the Die-Tech mounts, but when you can get a complete knock-off set for $80...or $60 if you shop around and buy them as a pair, then why bother?

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-10-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run the rugged ridge, mounts right on the side of the windshield. Screws on and off with ease !

Quick Reply: Mirrors when doors off