Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Moab trip

Old 04-14-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab trip

Heading to moab in june for the first time gonna be there june 22th - 28th if anybody wants to join the more the marrier.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NUKEM-10
Heading to moab in june for the first time gonna be there june 22th - 28th if anybody wants to join the more the marrier.
Myself and TheDirtman have been discussing a possible MOAB run this summer. I'll keep you posted and check the thread for updates.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of hitting Moab around that time as there us a Baja race in Tooele on June 21 & 22. Up in the air but on my radar.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

I see a possible jeep party in the future!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Living about 5 hours from there, I've been talking to a lot of local guys here on the front range about the EJS. The consensus? Why pay $50/day to be in a mass of people with trail traffic jams? This is their take. My neighbor who was part of Toyotec and now owns Nisstec insisted I do not go to EJS, him knowing my style I guess. With that said, I know they are going on June 5th, I've been invited but have company. Not to mention, I really want to see the race in Tooele and I'm trying to get my a friend from back east out here around the 22nd. He's never been and he is a professional photographer.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

I was invited to the Baja 500 for the first week of June.. Being I already live in Mexico.. I'm not one for paid jeep events either, unless it's Topless For Tatas (breast cancer event) or a place they only open up a couple times a year for annual runs (private land)..
Old 04-15-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
I was invited to the Baja 500 for the first week of June.. Being I already live in Mexico.. I'm not one for paid jeep events either, unless it's Topless For Tatas (breast cancer event) or a place they only open up a couple times a year for annual runs (private land)..
interesting. I had a chance to work with the amputate racing team that did the Baja 1000 last November and was present for the fitting of the Kawi racer as well. Been trying to get down there for that event. In time.....
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
interesting. I had a chance to work with the amputate racing team that did the Baja 1000 last November and was present for the fitting of the Kawi racer as well. Been trying to get down there for that event. In time.....
Figured I'll check it out if possible...

OP: I am def keeping MOAB on my radar though and will keep you posted.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
Myself and TheDirtman have been discussing a possible MOAB run this summer. I'll keep you posted and check the thread for updates.
Ok sounds good and for sure keep me posted ...... Sence i was only gonna be there a week or so and i wanted to hit as many trails as i can, and i like camping i figured i would just camp out on the trails (plus im cheap to so it would be the best of both worlds). Not for sure what trails i wanna run yet but i wanna get a mix of scenery and some difficult trails. But i was to remember that its a 1300 miles drive back and its gonna be a LONG walk with a broken jeep.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NUKEM-10
Ok sounds good and for sure keep me posted ...... Sence i was only gonna be there a week or so and i wanted to hit as many trails as i can, and i like camping i figured i would just camp out on the trails (plus im cheap to so it would be the best of both worlds). Not for sure what trails i wanna run yet but i wanna get a mix of scenery and some difficult trails. But i was to remember that its a 1300 miles drive back and its gonna be a LONG walk with a broken jeep.
Haha, and a hot walk as well...

Quick Reply: Moab trip