Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar

Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar

So what's the rap on MOPAR? I just came from a Chevy truck so I usually dealt with GM parts. In short: ridiculously expensive and not the best of quality. Now that I'm in a JKU, I'd like to buy parts from MOPAR but also know there are a ton of quality aftermarket options as well. Any thoughts?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Skip Mopar, it's half and half- some stuff is priced ok but most is over. Rugged ridge and smittybilt are popular choices but cheap.

Sent from my DROID4
Old 06-26-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Rugged ridge is great so is or-fab. Most mopar stuff is way over priced. This site us great for researching new brands and ideas
Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mopar stuff is fine if you want to buy a replacement top like a hard top. Like a lift much better options like Rock Krawler or metalcloak. Just keep reading the info here lots of good stuff has helped me out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TMO84
So what's the rap on MOPAR? I just came from a Chevy truck so I usually dealt with GM parts. In short: ridiculously expensive and not the best of quality. Now that I'm in a JKU, I'd like to buy parts from MOPAR but also know there are a ton of quality aftermarket options as well. Any thoughts?
The best advise like the others mentioned is to reaearch this forum before you do mods to learn from others experiences. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Mopar