Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More than 1" of spacer lift....bad?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More than 1" of spacer lift....bad?

So, my girlfriend inquired about a 2" spacer lift for her JKU from a company that I won't name and they said that having more than 1" spacers is a bad idea and they don't recommend it. Now, I just chuckled a bit because most 2-2.5" BB's are spacer lifts w/ shocks or extension brackets and a lot of reputtable companies sell these types of spacer lifts, on top of that probably more than 60% of the jk-forum members have spacer lifts like this. I know that a coil lift is better if you want to go 2.5" or more but I believe this was a ploy to try and sell to, what they think is, an unknowing female customer and get her to buy more expensive products from them. Thoughts??

There's a reason they are called "Budget" boosts.

Last edited by jeepchief; 06-24-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with puck lifts, they are an economic way to get your foot in the door.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I agree. They are a great inexpensive option to gain some lift and keep the factory ride. The only time I wouldn't recommend them is if you are planning on adding a lot of weight like heavy bumpers and a winch.

Quick Reply: More than 1" of spacer lift....bad?