Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mounting lights with magnets

Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting lights with magnets

I bought some rigid single row mini's in flood diffused to use on my rear bumper. I was considering ways to mount them without drilling holes into my new aftermarket bumper which is pretty thick steel. Has anyone tried strong magnets like neodymium magnets. I could gorilla glue them to the light housing and then stick them to the bumper, hopefully they would be strong enough to stay put. Has anyone tried this? Or should I just drill the holes? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt, id be worried about the magnets messing up the electronics in the light.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point. Although rigid claims them to be shielded so as to not cause issues with jeep electronics so I'm thinking that same shielding would probably also protect the light itself?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would just drill...with magnets I would be worried about someone easily swiping them.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drill , make it more solid mount and you don't have to deal with wires lying around or a douch stealing them so easy

Quick Reply: Mounting lights with magnets