Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My customer service rant.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My customer service rant.

I should have known better to give ****** *** my business after they bent the rear driveline in my old TJ but here's the latest. After installing my 2.5" AEV lift on Wednesday I get a call on Fri from the shop and was told AEV had mistakenly sent out the wrong front shocks with the lift and I needed to come in and switch them out. After asking if driving on these will cause damage and told "no" I think cool I'll drive up and they should switch them out, boy was I wrong. Once getting to the shop sales guy looks at me as if I've lost my mind when I suggested they switch out the shocks due to it being AEV's mistake and the shop being a representitive and I was then told since I put the lift on myself it was my problem. So I go ahead and ask for the correct shocks and then was asked if I had the old ones and I said yeah they're on my Jeep, sales guy then looks at me funny again. I then laugh and suggest he's crazy if he expected me to put the stock shocks back on to return the incorrect ones and then put the correct ones on again. So he then tells me he'll use the honor system and let me take them home switch them out and return the incorrect ones but I need to do my best to bring them back today. OK whatever, at this point I'm thinking it's not worth raising my BP so I just take them and do it myself wasting a couple hours of my time and a quarter tank of gas. I managed a business for five years and I guess just expect better customer service but that must be lunacy.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I'm not certain what you are so mad about. They notified you that you had the wrong ones. Got you the right shocks without you having to pay. Gave you the right shocks to take home so that you could swap them out. If you didn't pay them to install the lift why in the world would you expect them to swap out the shocks for you? Also they are not a representative of AEV if all you did was order parts through them. Thats like saying your local grocery store is a representative of Kelloggs if you got bad corn flakes! Sounds like they did everything right to me unless i'm missing something.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

The issue is customer service. Someone elses mistake should not cause a customer to pay more out of pocket to remedy a situation.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

So how is it the dealers fault if they were shipped the wrong parts?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never said it was directly their fault, It's about them remedying the situation. I guess having been a retail manager my expectations are to high regardless a sorry bout that would have been nice. Oh well.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have to agree with the OP on this one. The shop should have made the switch for him. I'm willing to bet they discovered they had sent him home with a more expensive shock and wanted it back. Still, they sold the product, they sent him home with the WRONG product, and if they want the product back, they should remove and reinstall it. And really, it takes about 5 minutes to swap out 2 shocks. I did mine in an apartment complex parking lot in about an hour, with 2 wrenches, no jack, and not taking the tires off. It's 2 bolts per shock. A full blown shop, that should be a no brainer to keep a customer happy.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hellcat
The issue is customer service. Someone elses mistake should not cause a customer to pay more out of pocket to remedy a situation.
Wait i'm confused how did switching the shocks cost you more money? Did I miss something? I thought they just did a straight swap with you?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

I think the shop hooked you up by letting you take the shocks. The only person to blame is whoever shipped you the wrong product. I think the end result was better than it could have been.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt expect them to do it for you but I might expect some sort of compensation from who you bought them from via a discount on the current or coupon for a future purchase. Nice of them to follow up on their mistake though.

Rob
Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mvnolan
Have to agree with the OP on this one. The shop should have made the switch for him. I'm willing to bet they discovered they had sent him home with a more expensive shock and wanted it back. Still, they sold the product, they sent him home with the WRONG product, and if they want the product back, they should remove and reinstall it. And really, it takes about 5 minutes to swap out 2 shocks. I did mine in an apartment complex parking lot in about an hour, with 2 wrenches, no jack, and not taking the tires off. It's 2 bolts per shock. A full blown shop, that should be a no brainer to keep a customer happy.
Thank you! My sentiment exactly. The money part comes in with me having to drive there twice beyond the original purchase and using a quarter of a tank of gas. Also, everybody should know a persons time is money. As well as if I hadn't stated it was crazy for me to drive home again to take off the shocks, put on the stock shocks so I could drive, drive back to make the exchange, and then drive home and put on the correct ones, I would have had to drive there a third time. Maybe I should have asked them to mail them to me. Oy Vey!

Quick Reply: My customer service rant.