Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK officially became a toy

Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up a hemi GC yesterday to drive when I want to. So, my adulthood dream of having a jeep toy has become a reality. No more putting off projects because I have to drive to work in the morning. Now it can stay where a jeep belongs, on jack stands in the garage! I must say, it feels nice. A built up toy on 37" and a hemi for rainy days. Who knows, it may even be a trailer queen since the 5.7 tows 7k lbs. just thought I'd share my joy. Thx sent from my work leash

Last edited by mattgt5; 01-24-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't it a beautiful thing , mine lives on a battery tender more then anything now
Old 01-24-2015, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting for this day to happen soon!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
... Now it can stay where a jeep belongs, on jack stands in the garage! ...
I'm sure you wrote that tongue in cheek. But that's definitely not where a Jeep belongs. And if your idea of fun is to tow the Jeep somewhere on a trailer, well, there are a lot better things than that ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq51rHh8MY
Old 01-25-2015, 04:27 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I'm sure you wrote that tongue in cheek. But that's definitely not where a Jeep belongs. And if your idea of fun is to tow the Jeep somewhere on a trailer, well, there are a lot better things than that ... YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq51rHh8MY
It was tongue and cheek of course. Don't think anyone would call towing a vehicle fun so not sure where you are coming from with that. Sounds like a lecture on a what a jeep is for, I can assure you I don't need that from you. Thanks for the vid though, looks like a good time.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-25-2015, 07:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
It was tongue and cheek of course. Don't think anyone would call towing a vehicle fun so not sure where you are coming from with that. Sounds like a lecture on a what a jeep is for, I can assure you I don't need that from you. Thanks for the vid though, looks like a good time.

sent from my work leash
There are better things to do with a Jeep than use it somewhere that would involve any sort of towing. That is, if you towed it, how would you ever get back to your tow vehicle after 500 miles and ten days of off-road driving across three states? Little off-road parks, where folks typically tow their toys. are boring. Get out there and explore your world!

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 01-25-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There are better things to do with a Jeep than use it somewhere that would involve any sort of towing. That is, if you towed it, how would you ever get back to your tow vehicle after 500 miles and ten days of off-road driving across three states? Little off-road parks, where folks typically tow their toys. are boring. Get out there and explore your world!
The little off road parks are the only thing I get to do. I have three kids under the age of 6 and a full time + job. I don't have the option of off roading 10 days across three states. Lol. I'm lucky if I get to go o he park for an afternoon. I've been driving jeeps for 19 years now. I know there are many that have driven for longer but I'm pretty confident I know how to use them. Thanks

sent from my work leash
Old 01-25-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the best part about having the jeep as a toy is in spring / summer / fall you just leave it in the garage top down doors off on rainy days.. no more having to put it together / take it apart every day or two because its gonna rain. I just toss a tarp over it in the garage so the interior stays pretty clean..

Nice days out it goes for fun in the sun!

then in winter it gets to live outside while the other 2 cars become the garage queens.. the Jeep is by far the easiest of any of my cars to clean the snow / ice off of in winter too...

-Christopher
Old 01-02-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Isn't it a beautiful thing , mine lives on a battery tender more then anything now
Welcome to the non DD club. Its nice to have you Jeep in pieces on the garage floor and not have to worry about putting it back together before Monday morning. Mine has always been a toy I bought mine with 5 miles on it and 3 years later it only has around 9700 miles on it. I try to take it out on the weekends to Keep the battery good.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Same with mine.

I think a Moab trip is in order this year. It will help fend off the little voice in my head that says "sell the Jeep and put the proceeds towards the mortgage!". But what fun is that?

Quick Reply: My JK officially became a toy