Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Advice? Dealership trying to charge more money after I bought the Rubicon.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice? Dealership trying to charge more money after I bought the Rubicon.

I ordered my rubicon 3 1/2 months ago and the sales manager gave me the price based on the friends and family control number I gave her. The Rubicon came in and I purchased the jeep friday which was the same price as the paperwork when I ordered it. The dealership calls me the next day as I am driving up from Fl or Virginia saying that they made a mistake and gave me the employee price and not the friends and family pricing. I feel that they had over 3 months to correct this mistake and now I have already signed all the paperwork and driven away with the jeep. Does anyone know what my rights are and can they force me to pay more money after I have signed all the papers?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

The paperwork is signed and you have a legal binding contract to the numbers on the contract.

The same as if you purchased it, took delivery and then decided that you want to pay a lower price. The deal is done.

If the dealer made a mistake, it is their mistake. They are S.O.L!

Enjoy your Rubi!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
I ordered my rubicon 3 1/2 months ago and the sales manager gave me the price based on the friends and family control number I gave her. The Rubicon came in and I purchased the jeep friday which was the same price as the paperwork when I ordered it. The dealership calls me the next day as I am driving up from Fl or Virginia saying that they made a mistake and gave me the employee price and not the friends and family pricing. I feel that they had over 3 months to correct this mistake and now I have already signed all the paperwork and driven away with the jeep. Does anyone know what my rights are and can they force me to pay more money after I have signed all the papers?
The dealer can't make you do anything. You have a legal agreement and a contract which both parties agreed to. If they made a mistake it sucks to be them but I wouldn't pay a dime more as you are not obligated. It happened to my friend when he bought a VW a couple years ago and dealer tried to pull the same stunt. My friend told them NO and asked them to refer to the contract. They didn't call him again.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats what I was thinking...they had 3 plus months to figure their mistake and they pull that crap the day after the sale. They said when I ordered the jeep that they would be able to put a lift and tires on and have the jeep drop shipped in Va. They didn't hold up to any promises they made me and I had to fly down to Fl and drive 1000 miles the first day I had the jeep. I know why most call the stealerships
Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
thats what I was thinking...they had 3 plus months to figure their mistake and they pull that crap the day after the sale. They said when I ordered the jeep that they would be able to put a lift and tires on and have the jeep drop shipped in Va. They didn't hold up to any promises they made me and I had to fly down to Fl and drive 1000 miles the first day I had the jeep. I know why most call the stealerships
Dude tell them to get lost. Lol also tell them that if they would have held up their end and delivered it like they promissed you would have thought about it, but since you picked it up yourself they can forget it. Again remind them that's why the paperwork that you signed is called a Contract and hang up

What do you think, if you would have called them after you drove off the lot and asked them to lower the price even more they'd agree?

Btw why did you buy it all the way in FL. VA dealers didn't have what you were looking for or your relative/emplyee discount was for FL only?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am from Tampa and live there but I am working in DC for a few months.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

I'm curious as to what the price difference was?????

They are SOL too.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

The price difference between F&F and Employee price was probably around $300-600 depending on how it was optioned out.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

been playing phone tag with them so not sure what the price difference is....I am going to tell them to take it out of the sales managers paycheck that originated the order. If they want to really fight me then they can pick the jeep up in virginia and take it back to Fl with 1000 miles on it and sell it as a used car and lose even more money on it.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was me I wouldn't even talk to them about it anymore. A deal is a deal, no further need to discuss the past.

Quick Reply: Need Advice? Dealership trying to charge more money after I bought the Rubicon.