Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

need opinions on long wait

Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions on long wait

I ordered a Steel Blue Sahara on 7-16. 2-dr,MyGig, Dual-Top, Power, LSD, Side-air bags

It still today sits in D status, and Chrysler won't give me an estimated build date.

Now when i ordered the Jeep the dealer stated an estimated arrival time of Mid-September.

I'm a little worried because it's getting late in the year, and if it snows i'm in big trouble as i have no car that will run in snow, 02 SS Camaro only now.

I have found a Jeep similar to what i want, just black and missing the LSD. It is about and hour away.

Should i cancel the order and just go buy the jeep thats on the lot, or stick it out. How much longer could it really be??

Last edited by Fireguy0306; 11-06-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been in "D" for 35 dyas now...I am gonna stick it out and get what I want rather then get something else. But that's me personally... I am on hold right now with DC to see if there is an update... *Fingers Crossed*!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

If they're not willing to give you an estimated time, it could be forever! OK maybe not, but you get my point. How bad do you need the options you ordered? If YOU can live with it, then go get the one that is available. Just my .02...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Z-Man i guess i'm not the only one in D status for what seems to be forever. I didn't even get the 4-dr....

I don't know what i'm gonna do yet.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

It depends if the color and LSD are very important to you. You can get a better SD later but only you can say whether Black is OK for you. Hell, I've had a black jeep and loved it and it would have been a choice for me but we have a lot of black jeeps in the parking lot at work and I wanted a little difference. The Sahara Black w/ black wheels looks beautiful though. But I digress. I know I was really tempted after 3 weeks on order and the same exact model came in at a different dealer. I can't imagine after waiting almost 4 months.

As far as the wait, who really knows. The allotment for your dealer isn't pushing it to the top enough to build I guess.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm very jealous that yours is in.
I mean it was a toss-up between black or the blue.

I ordered it from a fairly large dealer too.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Could take forever. I ordered a black Sahara one year ago, hadn't come by spring. Several others with t he same story. Go get the JEep 1.5 hours away. Don't get stuck in the snow with the SS, you'll kill yourself.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I felt the same way when other's got their jeeps before me.

So if the color isn't a factor and it's just down to the LSD I say get it and update the LSD on your first mod.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with you guys, i'll end up in a tree with the SS, as i sold off the Bronco already.

I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back with all the numbers.
The only difference is the color and the LSD.
The other advantage is i'll be getting it almost $2000 cheaper.

Looks like i may be picking it up Saturday.....ick drive to Long Island....hah

Quick Reply: need opinions on long wait