Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

need rain protection for backend while only using front freedom panels with doors on

Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need rain protection for backend while only using front freedom panels with doors on

I prefer the look of the wrangler unlimited with all 4 doors ON, front freedom panels ON and back hardtop off. It looks great from both sides and especially from the back. I love the front freedom panels only because it is protection from the scorching sun. Also, when the windows are up you get the feel of a convertible without all the wind noise and air-conditioning keeps you cool or heater keeps you warm. I would love to keep my jeep in this configuration year round. My problem is...I live in Texas and the weather can change on a dime. One minute the sun is shining and the next minute it is complete down pour.

Any suggestions for a type of soft top or cover that can be thrown over this configuration when bad weather hits? I am not interested in soaking my backseats and carpet.

Please help.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the best top trail cover might work for you, but you wouldn't be able to drive with it on. It is really only for when you are parked and you need rain protection. But it does go on and off fast, and does keep the water out.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing I have found is soft top or expect water.

Tonneau covers, the fabric ones, have kept water and snow out of my cargo area for years. Now that I have the 4 door I am not sure what I am going to do yet either as its another set of seats to get wet.

I haven't found an emergency top that actually keeps the water out. Would love to hear a first hand experience of someone who has found a quality one.

Worst yet was the pavement ends emergency top -> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...cy-top-296886/
Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I've been using the Best top trail cover for years and have not had water inside yet. Now that is parked, but with torrential amounts of rain fall in severe winds. It's the only one I would purchase again if I was in need of another.

Quick Reply: need rain protection for backend while only using front freedom panels with doors on