Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Neoprene seat covers?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neoprene seat covers?

Hey all, I have hand stitched special edition leather seats in my baby, and I would like to keep them looking pristine. So was thinking to get seat covers, neoprene, probably Wet Okole. My question is, will the seams on the cover wear on my leather and leave marks? Also, my seats are heated. Will this be an issue for a seat cover? Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For another option, I'd go with some non neoprene Trek Armor covers. I had neoprene Wet Okole covers and they were extremely warm, sweat like crazy.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks k0260

Sounds like good advise, I will check Trek Armor out...
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been thinking the same but I only want them on when wheeling or top is off. TA looks awesome but seems like they are a PITA to take on and off
Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks k0260. I researched and called Mitch at Trek Armor, and will be buying from him soon. Nothing but outstanding reviews for those seat covers. Now all I need to do is decide what colors...
Old 07-07-2013, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

I had neoprene covers on my 2008 JKU and was never happy. Massive swampy ass when seated on them. They kept the stock seats clean and dry but they were terribly hot to sit on. I have since fitted trek armor to my 2012 JKU and there is no comparison. These trek armors are fantastic. I only have rears so far cause I require airbag compatabile fronts and I am still waiting on that issue being sorted by trek armor. Go trek armor and you will be much happier.

Quick Reply: Neoprene seat covers?