Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New 13 JKU Sahara

Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 13 JKU Sahara

Been looking and lurking for ages, and finally the ghost was beginning to emerge on our 08 Saturn Outlook pushing 100k miles. It was time and after some long hard talks and thoughts (including the minivan!), we decided it was time to get serious about searching for a Jeep.
I spent at least a month talking to different dealers, stalking Billet Silver Saharas and Sports, trying to outline exactly what was needed/wanted/lusted for. In the end the decision was made on a Sahara, not fully because we needed it but because our salesman was awesome.
Long story short, living in PA, there are several dealers within driving distance, but upon looking at AmEx (now Truecar or ZAG) buying service, the closest dealers were in MD. I out out some feelers and went from there. I got a ton of replies, and responded to all, but one stood out. The salesman had actually did us a fully loaded 2004 GC limited back in 04, and even remembered the car we traded in. It was probably in his files, but it made and impression. After some calls, emails, and even texts (hint to all dealers- this is the new communication method- USE it!) the wife and I headed down on Thursday while the kids were at daycare. We did some chatting, located the vehicle we wanted- Billet Silver Sahara with connectivity, max tow, and heated seats but cloth. Funny part was it was at a dealer I had visited a few weeks earlier. So, the. We started talking cash. We knew it might sting as we had some negative equity in our Outlook, but still wanted a decent deal. Unknown to me, salesman had already figured in the Zag pricing, and upon finding out that wife qualifies for Affiliate Fleet discount, threw that in too. Needless to say, I thought 6% off invoice and financing for 6 yrs at 3.75% was a great deal.
But what put it over the top was Joe's (salesman) willingness to go the extra mile. See, we went to a dealer an hour from our house (only 5 minutes from where we lived when we bought the 04 GC). Being later in the day Thursday, he was tasked with going to get the Jeep an hour north of our place. So, we finished the deal, and when finaliZing with the finance guy, Joe left to get the car. After driving 2.5 hrs to get the car, he drove the hour back to our house- and wanted to deliver it then, but there were some issues with tags and so on, plus it had not been dealer prepped or cleaned. So, he left our place and drove back to the dealer. It was not 10pm. So we spoke on the phone and he said he would bring it up in the morning. He called on Friday, and let us know he was coming up (again an hour away) and dropped the Jeep off. Complete with slush mats, grab handles, coat hanger hooks and full tank of gas- all thrown into the deal. He took our Outlook back down in trade and we were on our way for Easter break to my sisters. Needless to say, if I ever have need for a Chrysler product (or any other really as the dealer has 62 locations in MD, PA, DE and VA), I will just call Joe.
And if you want a great experience and a true example of customer service, look up Joe Perry at Heritage Jeep in Owings Mills MD.

And just for good measure, tops came off this afternoon after the kids had their Easter egg hunt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2067153361.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	440509   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3372751891.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	440510   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-125530729.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	440511  
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to stop half way through reading that to get another beer lol. Congrats on the new ride!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like a good dealer. I'd stick with them. Congrats on the new ride. I love the color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-31-2013, 04:21 AM
JK Junkie

It's nice to hear about the good experiences with dealers, you mostly hear about the bad. Congrats on the new jeep. Nice looking color.

Quick Reply: New 13 JKU Sahara