Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Guy ?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy ?

Hey guys whats up I'm in the market for a new rubicon and not sure which transmission to get. I think I read on here that the automatic has the numerically lower final gear so does that mean that the auto gets better mileage? Also I commute into Houston and the idea of a standard doesn't bother me. Which trans would you reccomend and for what reason?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

Not sure if this is the kind of info you are looking for or not.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=automatic
Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks alot, didnt exactly help me decide but i'll figure it out
Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sambeaux
Hey guys whats up I'm in the market for a new rubicon and not sure which transmission to get. I think I read on here that the automatic has the numerically lower final gear so does that mean that the auto gets better mileage? Also I commute into Houston and the idea of a standard doesn't bother me. Which trans would you reccomend and for what reason?
Typically the auto's get worse mileage than manual. If you're not doing a lot of stop and go, then I wouldn't see any reason to hate manual tranny for commute. I prefer the control of a manual tranny which is why I have it, but sometimes I wouldn't mind the auto. If you're not sure, I'd recommend the auto.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is mostly a personal prefrence. Most people prefer the auto, just because it is easier for a daily driver, especially around town, and takes less thought. But ultimately it all boins down to personal prefrence, as each has advantages, and disadvantages.

Quick Reply: New Guy ?