Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

the new Jeep Wrangler JL

Old 07-26-2014, 01:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the new Jeep Wrangler JL

So I found out yesterday my company is bidding on the interior for the JL wrangler, we currently do the majority of the JK and The KL interior. Kind of excited to see what new design they will come up with and if they will fix some of the flaws. Oh and yes it is nice to be able to swap out center consoles or door skins cause they got scratched or something, I haven't attempted a dash swap yet.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

cool beans, i know you guys arent responsible for it, but the stock white color inside the hard tops, and the silver stitching on the rubicon seats, my first major upgrades to my '14 JKUR were red sharpies to dye my seat stitching red to match my vehicles red and black 2 tone nature, and some krylon spray on red for plastic to fix the tops inner surface. you might want to keep in mind for future interior designs that people like stuff that doesnt clash and jar the eyes for shocking color differences!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkrider1974
So I found out yesterday my company is bidding on the interior for the JL wrangler, we currently do the majority of the JK and The KL interior. Kind of excited to see what new design they will come up with and if they will fix some of the flaws. Oh and yes it is nice to be able to swap out center consoles or door skins cause they got scratched or something, I haven't attempted a dash swap yet.
Keep us posted and we won't blame you for the current flaws!

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
cool beans, i know you guys arent responsible for it, but the stock white color inside the hard tops, and the silver stitching on the rubicon seats, my first major upgrades to my '14 JKUR were red sharpies to dye my seat stitching red to match my vehicles red and black 2 tone nature, and some krylon spray on red for plastic to fix the tops inner surface. you might want to keep in mind for future interior designs that people like stuff that doesnt clash and jar the eyes for shocking color differences!
Who you kidding Mountain Man, he's totally to blame!!! No redemption!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bevan7170
Keep us posted and we won't blame you for the current flaws!

Who you kidding Mountain Man, he's totally to blame!!! No redemption!!!
for the silver seat stitching in a red and black rubicon yes, probably not for the inner top color on the hard tops, they are all white but only go with the white painted one..... i might be a 35 year old hetero male, but god damnit even i know white doesnt go with red and black
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 AM
DBF
JK Newbie

If you get the bid, please get rid of the car-style carpeting in the JK's and put in some indoor-outdoor style carpeting that doesn't collect every seed, piece of grass, leaf, etc. Also - get rid of the black interior - Jeeps were made to be driven with the tops and door off so why use a color that absorbs heat? I know we can get leather in colors other than black, but leather also gets too hot in the sun. I miss the tan interior and tan/green cloth seats in my 2000 Sahara!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by DBF
If you get the bid, please get rid of the car-style carpeting in the JK's and put in some indoor-outdoor style carpeting that doesn't collect every seed, piece of grass, leaf, etc. Also - get rid of the black interior - Jeeps were made to be driven with the tops and door off so why use a color that absorbs heat? I know we can get leather in colors other than black, but leather also gets too hot in the sun. I miss the tan interior and tan/green cloth seats in my 2000 Sahara!
The FJ Cruisers have a nice, non-carpet floor covering.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DBF
My 88' sahara had the best jeep interior ever...been all downhill since for jeep interiors
Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I long for something fade resistant.

And specifically with the 2012+ JK, an interior that can't be melted by the sun. The radio bezel is starting to deform, and the top of the dash where it meets the window doesn't seem to be straight anymore, and my Jeep hasn't seen a lot of sun exposure. The stock roll bar wrap is starting to sun-bleach as well.

C'Mon Chrysler/Fiat, after a couple years of ownership, we want something that still looks/peforms very well and doesn't show a lot of wear. Jeepers are hard on their interiors, whether it's getting in/out of the Jeep a million times on a difficult trail when you're helping spot someone behind you, to parking the thing in the sun while camping, or at work, to carrying pets (pets love Jeeps!), and everything else!!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Slightly off topic here JL, that's the new model designation or did I miss the boat here?

Often wonders what it would be, just doesn't roll off like JK TJ CJ...or even LJ.

Didn't think they would keep the J in the naming.

Humm
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UV will break down even the best sun resistant plastic/ cloth given time. Aerospace 303 protectant applied every few months is the way to go. Jeep goes with carpets that cost less than spray on bed liner that cost more. Carpets also dampen road noise and block heat. That said, I want factory bed lined jeeps as an option.
Very pleased with Fiat's attention to interiors as opposed to Daimler's disdain to Chryslers product. Daimler just cut too many corners and pumped all the money to Mercedes line.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 07-29-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: the new Jeep Wrangler JL