Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New To Jeepin' - Bimini top question

Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Jeepin' - Bimini top question

I just bought my girlfriend a QuadraTec Bimini top for her 2011 Wrangler Sport Unlimited. After putting it on for her she wants to know if it's possible to unsnap the front and undo the front sides from the bars and drive around...in other words, unfasten the section over the driver and passenger area and drive around? Or would that damage the top itself from blowing in the wind? Like I said, we're new o Jeeps, sorry for the stupid question.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like she needs a TrekTop NX! If she's wanting to go topless over the front, she should remove the current top completely. The flapping would not only become very annoying, it could be dangerous if the top came loose, and the flapping could damage the top.

The TrekTop NX is a full top, but the back and side windows come off completely leaving what amounts to a safari top. But, it also has the capability of flipping the front portion back just like the factory soft top on the new JK's...
Old 08-29-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
Sounds like she needs a TrekTop NX! If she's wanting to go topless over the front, she should remove the current top completely. The flapping would not only become very annoying, it could be dangerous if the top came loose, and the flapping could damage the top.

The TrekTop NX is a full top, but the back and side windows come off completely leaving what amounts to a safari top. But, it also has the capability of flipping the front portion back just like the factory soft top on the new JK's...
X2. I love mine. I've tried the factory soft top, a bikini top, and a spiderweb shade but the Trek top NX beats them all. You give up a little cargo space because its a fastback style but its well worth it in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the factory premium top and a full spiderweb shade on my JKU and I love it. I unzip the rear window and let it rest on a blanket on my Tuffy trunk enclosure (that way I don't have to remove the window bar), put it in sunrider mode, roll down the windows, and enjoy. I never worry about rain because it literally takes one minute to zip up the rear window and close the Sunrider top.

But if you want to go full bikini, a Trektop NX sounds like the way to go. You can fully remove the side panels and rear window without the cargo area being covered for a sleaker look.

Quick Reply: New To Jeepin' - Bimini top question