Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

new wrangler model 2017?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meh i wouldnt offroad in a land rover, sure its capable set up right, but if you break something it costs a fortune to get the parts in north america....
Old 07-22-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously, someone could make a kit car of a CJ or a TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The next Jeep has been pushed back to 2018. Regardless, there sure is a lot of hand wringing and teeth grinding over a vehicle that isn't even out yet and won't be for three years.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very interesting opinions from the US.

I live in the UK and have seen Defenders all my life on the British roads mostly by farmers, the Army and 4x4 enthusiasts. OK where I live in London the Evoke and LR4 are now the most common Land Rover we have. I've always liked the Defender but it's just way too difficult to live with as a daily drive.

That's why I bought a Jeep JK. I get looks and comments virtually each day due to it's rarity. In a Defender I wouldn't even be seen.

I do take my Jeep off road and it can do anything if not more than a Defender.

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	10459083_10152496218436885_6276766847283037792_o.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	566816Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3-1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	566817
Old 07-22-2014, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Defenders are very uncommon here in the U.S. But, even here my Jeep gets way more attention than my friend's Defender. During my last trip from Oklahoma to Georgia, with side trips to Shiloh Battlefield, Great Smoky Mountains, and other smaller places, I got at least a dozen, and perhaps closer to two dozen, folks come over and talk to me at rest stops, viewpoints, hiking trailheads, campsites and gas stations. I even had three different incidents of folks asking to take a picture. The Defenders just aren't recognized for the U.S. rarity that they are (right now our customs is going around confiscating a bunch that they claim were illegally imported into the U.S.!).
Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill just say that anyone who thinks a rover is better all around over a Jk is silly. Rovers are notorious pieces of crap. Yes I have owned a 90 and it was a mechanical nightmare. Buttons quit working or fell off, leaked like a siv. The 90 is essentially a 69 bronco on looks anyways and is no more than a farm truck in refinement. I usually dont offer these types of opinions because they are silly arguments but I had to chime. Give me a Jk or a Land cruiser Troopie.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by A'sJK
Ill just say that anyone who thinks a rover is better all around over a Jk is silly. Rovers are notorious pieces of crap. ...
No one has said that at all. :-)
Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
No one has said that at all. :-)
Sorry...I get soap boxy about rovers. Carry on...
Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Defenders are very uncommon here in the U.S. But, even here my Jeep gets way more attention than my friend's Defender. During my last trip from Oklahoma to Georgia, with side trips to Shiloh Battlefield, Great Smoky Mountains, and other smaller places, I got at least a dozen, and perhaps closer to two dozen, folks come over and talk to me at rest stops, viewpoints, hiking trailheads, campsites and gas stations. I even had three different incidents of folks asking to take a picture. The Defenders just aren't recognized for the U.S. rarity that they are (right now our customs is going around confiscating a bunch that they claim were illegally imported into the U.S.!).
You are maybe right. But your Wrangler looks better I think because it is larger and have a darker color and cooler expedition stuff on it compared to the smaller white (Defender 90) with less cool expedition stuff on it. Bigger and darker color looks cooler.

I du understand that Your Wrangler gets more attention to the above but also americans maybe do not recognize Defender, as You wrote above.

Your Wrangler looks great with al the expedion stuff

I do think a Landrover Defender 110 looks better than a Wrangler unlimited. The are so much bigger and more manly. Wrangler looks slightly soft compared to a Defender in real life.

My 2013 Rubicon 10th anniversary unlimited stock

A stock 2014 Landrover Defender 110 from a swedish landrover dealer

Old 07-23-2014, 12:37 AM
JK Freak

boy am i glad i got my '14 jkur, that rover looks like a short school bus..... and in america you dont wanna be the kid ridin the short bus.....

Quick Reply: new wrangler model 2017?