Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Newark DE Jeep Dealer A+ in my book

Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newark DE Jeep Dealer A+ in my book

I just want to say that Newark Delaware Jeep (my local dealer) fixed my Jeep today under warranty, even though the problem was caused by my incorrectly wiring my windshield lights. I had caused the ABS sensor to short by putting my ground over the ABS ground and not making it tight enough. They discovered the problem and even rewired the lights. To late for the lights though. I had noticed that one of the lights was going on and off when in use on a recent camping trip. The light then stopped working all together. I thought bulb, but its not. Something got fried, not the bulb and not the fuse, but the light no longer works and the other side does. So, looks like some Dully D2s for Christmas.

Anyway, the problem with the ABS is fixed and they billed under warranty. They even said the mechanic was disappointed he hadnt found the problem sooner. I will now recommend them to fellow Jeepers.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know they treated you right I haven't used them for service, usually do things myself or use Country Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep here in Oxford. I have bought parts there before, they seem to keep more things in stock compared to Country.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Iv purchased my 13 unlimited and a 12 patriot from newark chrysler jeep and they have been nothing short of amazing. Sales department is great and service department handles everything quickly!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice to know
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Glad you had a great experience at Newark. They are good there, my Bro-in-law got his and services his 08 JKU there. We got ours at BCP cause I work across the street and the deal was so good. Newark used to have, and hopefully she's still there, the absolute best parts manager. I was helping my friend rebuild a 79 CJ7 Quadratrac a number of years ago and we were told by other dealers, including BCP, to go to Newark. She knew what we needed just by talking to her. Those kinds of parts people are hard to find. So I consider Newark a good dealer.

I've never had a problem with BCP but I would never recommend David Dodge.