Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nose dive

Old 11-30-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be installing a front and rear Smittybilt SRC soon. Also adding a Quadratec Q9500i Stealth to front bumper. Eventually I want to run some type of 33's with no lift. I need help because I don't want to double buy parts. I'm looking for everyday comfort with yet a somewhat aggressive look and decent tires later.
1. What's my best option to level front (take nose dive away)?
2. Will bumper and winch add to nose dive (more droop)?
3. Is the nose dive something I can deal with now and not have to repurchase parts later, if I don't plan on a lift? Trying to make sense to y'all of what I'm thinking. Lol

Last edited by MAGOO77; 11-30-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a basic leveling kit will fix it and yes a bumper and winch will cause the front to drop a little. just depends on how much weight you add.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
a basic leveling kit will fix it and yes a bumper and winch will cause the front to drop a little. just depends on how much weight you add.
So I should wait and see what size leveling spacers once I add bumper and winch, sounds like!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest going with 2inch spacers in the front and 1 inch spacers in the back. It woiuld be a good time to put some disco swaybar links in the front as well.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are going to have to take things apart anyway. Have you considered replacing springs? Maybe EVO plush ride which you can add on as you go or even a leveling kit with coils. Teraflex has a kit and EVO has one with coils in front and spacers in back. Leveling kit will run you about $150. Actually a member just posted a brand new leveling kit with pucks for $125 shipped!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Link...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...talled-328280/
Old 12-01-2015, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by catahoula
You are going to have to take things apart anyway. Have you considered replacing springs? Maybe EVO plush ride which you can add on as you go or even a leveling kit with coils. Teraflex has a kit and EVO has one with coils in front and spacers in back. Leveling kit will run you about $150. Actually a member just posted a brand new leveling kit with pucks for $125 shipped!
Thanks! Will consider this and thanks for the link too...
Old 12-02-2015, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OP, what you're talking about is "rake". Wranglers come from the factory with the front lower than the rear to help aerodynamics and fuel economy. A leveling kit does exactly what it sounds like you want.

+1 on adding swaybar disconnects if you plan on doing much work offroad. Allowing the front axle to float makes for a much more composed crawl over the slow technical rocky stuff, and can help you find better traction when the front end is flexing hard.

Quick Reply: Nose dive