Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Not happy with Pro Comp hubs

Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with Pro Comp hubs

I purchased Pro-Comp 1079 wheels back in 2010. After one winter, the hubs corroded even though they’re plastic. After that, I sent Pro-Comp a letter because the hubs/wheels are under warrantee and they sent me one replacement hub, not four.

Since then, I’ve been fighting with them on and off to get replacement hubs. It’s more trouble than it’s worth.

Anyway, word to the wise…Don’t expect high quality from Pro comp and don’t count on Pro Comp to be there for you if you need them.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

I have those same hubs and they've spent a lot of time on the beach with the sand and salt.....zero issues. Odd.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

I'll pass on anything pro-comp this is what i would have expected
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Super1
Anyway, word to the wise…Don’t expect high quality from Pro comp and don’t count on Pro Comp to be there for you if you need them.
The Procomp hubs I received with my 7089s were cheap, plastic junk. The clear overlay on their name mottled and turned soft and hazy. I pulled them and painted the hubs. My wheels, however, have stood up to a ton of off-road abuse. I have zero complaints about them.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

My center caps are plastic and melted. Pro comp said they do not cover it under warranty. My rear bumper and tire carrier is SmittyBuilt (also procomp) and the powder coat started peeling off of it. They also said they cannot help me and wanted to charge me $100 to fix a handle issue with it. I won't be buying anymore of their products and would not recommend them. Go higher quality. My spare wheel on the back is no longer black either. It is now grey. It faded in the sun. Everything I purchased from them was crap product.

Quick Reply: Not happy with Pro Comp hubs