Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OLD style Trektop - to sell or keep?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OLD style Trektop - to sell or keep?

Hey to all the professional jeepers out there I'm not a newbie to jeeps, just this forum, and I wanted input: I recently purchased a couple tops,side rails off a local jeeper; well, once everything was unpacked, I discovered softop windows with holes, softop with missing parts, and my main thing I'd looked forward to using was a new old-style trektop, but it is lacking the special header bar it requires (of course it's not a normal $60 header bar). So the trektop is new, but needs that part. Bestop wants $130 just for header and 2 brackets. I hear a lot of complaints about the Trektops and how much better the NX is... so do I just sell the incomplete trektop ($275?) or invest another 130 to make it usable? The general concensus from what I've read is that the pre -NX isn't so good... thanks in advance for your input!

Quick Reply: OLD style Trektop - to sell or keep?