Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

opinions on "off-road exhausts"? what sounds/performs best?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on "off-road exhausts"? what sounds/performs best?

Ok I searched in the forums "off road exhaust" and didn't come up with exactly what I was looking for. I have a 2012 JKU. My question is does anyone have any opinions/testimonials on the street legal off road exhausts that have come out. Such as the AFe, MSRB, Flowmaster super 44, magnaflow, etc. I'm sure I don't know them all, maybe you guys know of more? Any input on the subject would be awesome.
Thank you
Dan
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try looking at Corsa exhaust on you tube.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the dynomax rockcrawler system. It's their high clearance "offroad" exhaust system. I love it and most people that hear it enjoy it as well. When manufacturers mention offroad exhaust....they mean high clearance. Almost all are street legal unless otherwise posted.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

i ditched my exhaust all together. threw on a cherrybomb which gives a nice throaty growl and gets rid of an extra 30 lbs of unneeded weight. i own a manual and it instantly changed my shift points to a slightly higher rpm which i liked. my buddy is a metal worker so it only cost me 30 bucks all together.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the MagnaFlow Offroad Pro Series on my 2013 JKUR and I love it. Easy to install and it sounds great.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattyk
i ditched my exhaust all together. threw on a cherrybomb which gives a nice throaty growl and gets rid of an extra 30 lbs of unneeded weight. i own a manual and it instantly changed my shift points to a slightly higher rpm which i liked. my buddy is a metal worker so it only cost me 30 bucks all together.
which cherrybomb? if you could post a link that would be great. thanks.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run the dynomax rockcrawler its awesome my jk is my dd and have two kids, didn't want anything crazy.. this exhaust has a nice growl when you put your foot down but really quiets down when cruising around
Old 03-03-2013, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

I put a 4" round magnaflow just in front of the rear axle with the tail just after the rear axle. Its up and high out of the way ,sounds great and has no drone. It was very easy to install as well just cut a section out and stick the muffler in and then remove to huge stock one. Paid 70 bucks off ebay and it stainless steell.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the magna flow super 44, it was cheap and easy install. Has a nice throaty sound to it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe_B
I run the dynomax rockcrawler system. It's their high clearance "offroad" exhaust system. I love it and most people that hear it enjoy it as well. When manufacturers mention offroad exhaust....they mean high clearance. Almost all are street legal unless otherwise posted.
+++++1 another fan here for the dynomax rock crawler

Quick Reply: opinions on "off-road exhausts"? what sounds/performs best?