Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions on a purchase..

Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on a purchase..

Hey all. I am relatively new to Jeeps (but I have a long history with offroading) and I am in the market to buy. After a couple weeks of searching for just the right Jeep for just the right price, I stumbled upon a 2012 Wrangler Sport 6 speed with 5,500 miles, a 4.5" lift (front driveshaft lengthened, rear not? For some reason..), 37" Nitto Extreme Mud Grapplers, 17" Ultra Motorsport wheels, and running boards (not sure on the brand but they felt pretty rugged). The seller had all of these accessories installed slightly over 1000 miles ago and has receipts from a professional shop to prove it.. shortly after doing the upgrades he purchased a Ford Raptor and the Jeep has been lonely ever since. Because of that, he is willing to sell it for $24k just to recoupe some cash.

My question to all of you is then.. is this a good deal and is there anything I need to watch out for? I test drove the vehicle and yes it has 3.27s which are sluggish as hell but I would eventually go to smaller tires and regear anyway. Also, I would assume the ball joints will be cooked pretty soon but that's not extremely expensive. I personally believe it is a good deal, but it seems like the price of Wranglers posted for sale online fluctuates a good amount.. I just wanted to check in with the experts to get an opinion and make sure I won't end up with an exorbitant shop bill down the road because of something I overlooked.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Especially with that low of miles on it, seems like a good deal to me. Welcome to the JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Opinions on a purchase..