Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Orange County Dealership

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange County Dealership

Can anyone recommend a good dealership in Orange County? I have been to San Juan a couple of times but I don't have a great deal of confidence in them. I have heard bad things about Tuttle Click too. There are a couple of problems with my 2012 rubicon and I want some honest answers

Thanks for your time.

Jeff
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought my 13 JKUR from Capistrano 2 days ago, before that I got my wifes Liberty from them too. Both experiences were great. Hands down the 2 best car buying experiences that I have had. If you have any other questions please ask.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought mine at Orange Coast Jeep in Costa Mesa. Never dealt with the service dept. though.

Might want to ask this question in the SoCal forum
Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't remember the name of the dealer but the Jeep dealership in Redlands are supposed to be a great one and mod friendly too. We have not used them yet, but was recommended by several people.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

i've used TC in both irvine and tustin, nothing special pro or con to say about them except that irvine blamed a PS box hiccup on my 2006 LJR suspension lift when it was under warranty and wouldn't do anything about it.

Don-A-Vee in Placentia used to be THE place to go for Jeeps many years ago. I took my new 98 Cherokee with the upcountry package to them under warranty with an axle whine, no arguments and they put in a new axle with the tubes rotated to give a better pinion angle. And I didn't even purchase it from them.

So I don't know how they are today, but might be worth a shot.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepy.Jeff
Can anyone recommend a good dealership in Orange County? I have been to San Juan a couple of times but I don't have a great deal of confidence in them. I have heard bad things about Tuttle Click too. There are a couple of problems with my 2012 rubicon and I want some honest answers

Thanks for your time.

Jeff
Ditto! A 2012 Rubicon owner & a buddy with a 2008 Rubicon both in search of a good dealer service experience in Orange County, CA. ???

Have done service in my previous 2008 Rubicon with Costa Mesa Jeep dealer, although nice enough - not alot of confidence with them per se.

Buddy has done Tuttle Click with mixed results -- had an engine meltdown at 50k out of the blue, properly serviced, etc. and after a week Tuttle Click had no idea why but had figured out they thought they could run it through Warranty. Forget who pays, my buddy still is trying to find out what happened - they don't seem to know which is not the response anyone wants to hear esp after that much time, etc.

Any feedback from fellow owners would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Stay the hell away from Huntington Beach Jeep. We purchased 3 custom ordered Rubicon Jeeps from them in 2 years ( over $100,000 ).
And the first time sometime goes wrong they treat us like CRAP. No B.S. we were great customers, always telling very one online how great they were
until we needed to count on them for help. STAY away from Huntington Beach Jeep!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 PM
JK Newbie

I bought from HB simply for price- they could not be beat. I wouldn't argue with the above poster on service-my needs were just very different. I wanted a basic JK with few items- I printed the price/sticker, took it in and said "where is it" and wrote a check. I had heard bad things about them and expected some shenanigans but they held the price.
Have to say that Jeep dealers here were pathetic. Shopped other vehicles just to check my sanity...and it was night and day. Chrysler salesmen knew nothing and could offer no info. They couldn't read off the window sticker . I looked for 6 months before buying so I went everywhere. Your on the right track by being here; will give you everything you need to know.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

I'll reserve judgement and comment until I get my 1991 Cherokee back.... its undergoing interventional surgery right now at one of the dealers mentioned in this thread. If it survives this complex procedure, I'll give you my opinion on who I think is best.

If it doesn't survive, you and everyone here will be the first to know.

Stay tuned....

Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Here's my experiences over 21 years...

Recently, my 1991 needed the steering column components surgically removed in order to tighten four Torx bolts deep inside the tilt mechanism. Since my interior is in pristine condition, I was going to do this job myself, but I don't have a third arm and special tools needed. So I took it to Tuttle Click where I get most of my service work done. I know most of the Service Advisors and they know I'm extremely protective over my XJ .. I'm the original owner. The Service Technician did an excellent job on this repair as they have on most of the work I've had done over the many years.

And no ... they typically don't like to trouble shoot and repair someone's modified junk - a point of contention here.

In contrast ... a few years ago I had Don-A-Vee replace the fuel pump and they installed it with the foot not properly seated in the tank, which left the gas gauge wandering back and forth when near full. About 1.5 years later I had Tuttle Click perform more service work and they offered to check the fuel pump and fix it under service warranty - but too much time had lapsed.

I also left my Grand Cherokee SRT8 once with Don-A-Vee and I found the Service Tech took it for a nice joy ride, as I found everything I had in the rear cargo area firmly planted against the rear hatch.. not the way I left it, those items were stacked against the rear seat back - which means he was launching it at full throttle.

I guess everyone has their own story... for me, I go where I've developed the best relationship.

Quick Reply: Orange County Dealership