Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ordering a new jeep!

Old 03-02-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ordering a new jeep!

At the jeep dealer. Trading my red 08 JKU X with half doors for a white15 JKU sport with half doors! Can't wait! The 6-8 weeks is going to kill me!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm right in front of you. Just ordered my Baja Yellow JKUR on Thursday!

Let the waiting begin!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Same here! Just traded my black '13 JKU Sahara for a black '15 JKU Rubicon!!!! Get mine at the end of April.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the best way to get what you want. I waited 7 weeks back when my current one was ordered. Half Doors on mine too.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How long after ordering did you get your 1st notice on the build?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default waiting for your Jeep...

It seems to go in fits and starts. And the process doesn't go the way you might think it would.... When you order your Wrangler, they have to gather all the associated parts and then you have to wait until the next week that they happen to be making Wranglers on the assembly line. When they begin building your vehicle, it seems to go fairly quickly. Then you have to wait for the train ride from Ohio to whatever happens to be the closest rail yard to your dealership. Then prep, etc. There is a thing called a VINVision report, it essentially tells you the status of the build (D, D1, E, F, KZ). They are moderately reliable (the reports), and your salesman will most likely not be keen on doing the leg work so don't expect too much.

I just ordered a new Rubicon HR on the 25th of last month, and because of that, I found a forum with information on wait times, what the letter designation associated with your build status means, and similar information. If you send me a PM, I will give you the link. I'm purposefully being coy about mentioning it by name because there may be a conflict of interest..... if you know what I mean.

Long story short, I've read a couple hundred pages of order info and the wait times vary from almost a month to just over 3 months. Average seems to be about 2 months.
I haven't even asked my dealership for my VIN number to track my vehicle. The wait time is what it is. I would just drive myself crazy checking to see if my status changed
several times everyday.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rvator
Thats the best way to get what you want. I waited 7 weeks back when my current one was ordered. Half Doors on mine too.
The wait time is not bad now. My wife ordered an 08 JKUR in Aug. 07 and we didn't get it until Jan. 08.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by azyjjk
The wait time is not bad now. My wife ordered an 08 JKUR in Aug. 07 and we didn't get it until Jan. 08.
During that timeframe a lot of it depended on what options your ordered. For example, order a rear locker for an X (called a Sport today), and you'd be waiting forever because they were trying to get Rubi's out the door. I ordered my 07 JKU in mid-Jan 2007 and received it before the end of the month in Feb. Even had 4.10 gears in it--came with the tow package--and a gas cap keyed to the ignition key!

Quick Reply: ordering a new jeep!