Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ORFab HDX Rear Bumper Question

Old 12-07-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORFab HDX Rear Bumper Question

Does anybody have one? ORFab is my front runner for front and rear bumpers to replace the stockers. I'm wondering if the rear bumper and tire carrier are noisy. I've heard that some of the newer bumper/tire carrier combos that open with the tailgate tend to rattle. I don't want to be unhappy with a $1k purchase. Any help is appreciated!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Do you aver plan to tow a heavy load? I bought a smittybilt xrc rear bumper because they actually increase the receivers rating to 5,000 pounds. I'm very happy with it. I couldn't find any other rear that gave a tow rating.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

I have the tire carrier and it's awesome. No rattles whatsoever but after a year and a half I did have to tighten the bolts up and realign it about a 1/8th of an inch. It's not easy to install but if you have patience and some drill bits, it's definitely manageable. Also, there's no going back once you install it. The landing/catch block requires a 1" diameter hole in the sheet metal. I would definitely buy it again if needed and I never miss a chance to recommend it!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by nvglockster
Does anybody have one? ORFab is my front runner for front and rear bumpers to replace the stockers. I'm wondering if the rear bumper and tire carrier are noisy. I've heard that some of the newer bumper/tire carrier combos that open with the tailgate tend to rattle. I don't want to be unhappy with a $1k purchase. Any help is appreciated!
I'm one of the owners of OR-Fab. I've had the new bumper/tire carrier on for over a year. At first we did have some rattles but we isolated the issue and resolved the problem. You should find this new tire carrier to be rattle free.

Yates
Old 12-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also make sure you check out our sale on ORFAB products right now!

Up to a $200 Gift card with your Purchase
Old 12-15-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yhudson
I'm one of the owners of OR-Fab. I've had the new bumper/tire carrier on for over a year. At first we did have some rattles but we isolated the issue and resolved the problem. You should find this new tire carrier to be rattle free.

Yates
Are the HDX models available now? I checked with 4 Wheel Parts in Las Vegas, and they never got back to me. Also inquired with KAO Customs. They couldn't give me a price; items are too new is what I was told.

Thanks everyone, for the info. I apologize for not responding sooner. I usually get notifications on my phone but that doesn't seem to be working.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvglockster
Are the HDX models available now? I checked with 4 Wheel Parts in Las Vegas, and they never got back to me. Also inquired with KAO Customs. They couldn't give me a price; items are too new is what I was told.

Thanks everyone, for the info. I apologize for not responding sooner. I usually get notifications on my phone but that doesn't seem to be working.
Yes, the HDX bumpers are available now. I'll PM you.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

I had an or-fab tire carrier on my 2010 and it rusted out in one year with the stock paint. Easy to spray paint but as hard as it was to install shouldn't have rust issues like that
Old 02-24-2015, 11:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bringing this one back for some long term, tested results.

I've been running the OR-Fab Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Sliders, and Tire Carrier for over 4 years now and I will tell you: they are flawless! Yes, I live in LA so weather is fantastic. But I have pretty much zero rust and no issues with all these pieces.

I run the jerry can tire carrier fully loaded with a 35 or 37 spare and it has not ever rattled or made any noise. It locks up incredibly tight and I am so happy with it.

I can't recommend these guys enough, and no I wasn't given anything, I purchased everything myself from them.

Quick Reply: ORFab HDX Rear Bumper Question