Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ORH or Bestop- help

Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORH or Bestop- help

I have been prowling around for a while and decided I would post for help. Great forum btw yall are so awesome I havent needed to ask until now. Im sure this has probably been beat to death but im going to ask anyways. I am considering the ORH cargo top but really hate to spend $ 1050 on a soft top. I know some have accomplished this same look using the bestop 2 dr wraparound windjammer and i have read how extensively (I have a 07 jkur soft top btw). So my question is this: Is it really worth the extra coin for the ORH top? I dont want to "try" the bestop and end up buying the other one later but i also dont want to spend the money if the bestop one works just as well. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same questions you did before I ordered my top, so I just called Bestop and asked them directly how they thought the 2dr wraparound setup would work on the 4dr. They didn't have a lot of confidence in the idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ORH TOP.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	401892

As far as the other top you mentioned, I love it! I took it on a trip up to Oregon right after I put it on to test it in the weather. I don't know if I'll ever go back to my hard top. I think you may be off on the price as well. Look up the cargo top, I paid a lot less than I would have if I would have ordered all of the pieces and hardware for the Bestop setup. A lot of people have had some issues getting that other guys top though... do some research before you order so that you know what you're getting in to. My experience was great, but I'm not sure that's the norm.

Good luck!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Txguntrader
I have been prowling around for a while and decided I would post for help. Great forum btw yall are so awesome I havent needed to ask until now. Im sure this has probably been beat to death but im going to ask anyways. I am considering the ORH cargo top but really hate to spend $ 1050 on a soft top. I know some have accomplished this same look using the bestop 2 dr wraparound windjammer and i have read how extensively (I have a 07 jkur soft top btw). So my question is this: Is it really worth the extra coin for the ORH top? I dont want to "try" the bestop and end up buying the other one later but i also dont want to spend the money if the bestop one works just as well. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas
Welcome.

To put it as simple as possible. I like the ORH idea, but they have priced it in such a way that makes me scratch my head.

I purchased the Bestop Trektop NX. Why not buy from the company that makes the factory softops?

I have no regrets. 100% happy with my trektop NX...thinking about selling my hard top.

Cost me $630. No way could you convince me to get the ORH for an extra $500 just for a windjammer feature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	306777_10151301481846327_912281247_n.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	401893
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a helpful link if you decide to go the Bestop route... you may have already seen it. Some of these guys made it look awesome!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-4-door-61292/
Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help guys. Those are both awesome looking jeeps. I really like the cargo top look more than the trektop. But i am still a little hung up on the orh top price. The top is listed at 875 +175 on the orh website. Is there a cheaper place to get it? My understanding is that the company is a single guy that makes the tops himself so i didnt think there were other retailers for it. Maybe there has been a price increase since you bought yours alaska? And thanks for the link i have read it several times the bestop is the best price but i hate to rig something to make it work just to have a leaky bucket later.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

I believe orh is known for some unsavoury business practices.A google search will reveal this. I also think they are banned or were banned from this site. I may be wrong on the banned part though.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Try giving the guy a call. I did a couple years ago when i was researching this top. He's pretty good with response times, although he does get backed up on orders every once in awhile. There was another thread on another forum that talked all about his tops. Also explained when he was backed up, and getting new shipments in.

Quick Reply: ORH or Bestop- help