Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

PIAA 520 ATP bulb replacement HELP

Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA 520 ATP bulb replacement HELP

i run 2 sets of PIAA 520 ATPs on the rig, hood mounted and bumper mounted. Ive had a bulb go out and will replace both bulbs in the bumper lights at the same time. Is there an "upgrade" bulb to replace the stock ones that come with these PIAAs?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm not sure. I run those lights myself. I do know if you have had them less than a year, they will send you new ones under warranty.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

How old are your lights? The bulbs have a 1 year warranty. Mine burnt out in a couple months and I had them replaced for free
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM
JK Freak

Your lights burned out a few months too late. I tossed a set of unused bulbs in the trash a while back because nobody here wanted them. Hurt to toss "$100" bulbs in the trash but no use for them.

I retrofitted mine to a VVME 55w HID kit, WAAAAY brighter. Actually too bright, I would go for the HID, but 35w unless you do serious in the middle of nowhere driving. Cheaper too!

If the DDM kits have a "short base" bulb, get that kit. The PIAA bulbs are not standard (I don't think) and I had to cut the glass around the HID bulb to get it to fit, and rewire the base right under the bulb. Doable, but probably more of a project than a lot of people would want to undertake.

Quick Reply: PIAA 520 ATP bulb replacement HELP