Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Picking up my JK today after having a Sprintex Supercharger installed!!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking up my JK today after having a Sprintex Supercharger installed!!

I can't wait!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bet u can't! How much did it all cost said and done if u don't mind my asking.....
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

where did you have it installed?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Went to pick it up last night after the install and it threw a check engine code. So I left it to get the issue resolved...... the called this am and said they had 2 plug wires crossed and all is well now. I cant wait to pick it up this afternoon!!

I had it installed at a shop in Hickory, NC...... I am not 100% sure of the exact cost yet, I have not paid for the install and I had them do some extra modification so that it will be easier to fill the oil .

I did get to see it and hear it run... I can wait to drive it now!!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

What it looks like so far!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3582072892.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	424558
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to love it! I've been running mine for a few months now and it rocks! What tuner did you go with? Hypertech or diablosport? And as a tease the stage 2 kit will be out soon... Probably this summer
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

I am pretty excited!!

This is my every day driver.... And the lack of power in the wrangler was killing me!! I just love wranglers and can't wait for some more power!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4240744471.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	424567

Diablo is the tuner I have, I have heard a little about the stage 2 kit I just hope it's a easy upgrade!

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

I have to say.... I am impressed with the power increase! Its not a rocket ship.... but based on the fact that it started as a mini van motor.... I am very happy! I like the ability to get on the interstate now, I can even pass now if needed.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Do you know which tune you are running? Jon over at rpm extreme is the tune for sprintex and he has done wonders on the tunes! I suggest you drive yours for a few days then do a datalog and send it to him with your review and he will adjust the tune for you to make it best for the way you drive!

Oh and nice looking dd!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Man!

I bought it from Jon, and I am running his tune currently..... He said the same thing about driving it a few days and then sending the data log to him.

I am liking the power increase... just a few bugs to get worked out.... the RPM's jump up and down about 500 RPM's when I am driving at cruising speed with just enough throttle applied to mantain speed. No issues if I am not pressing the throttle and no issues if I am applying throttle to accelerate.

Would I see a performance increase from a cold air intake? I am not worried about the factory air box being a better sealed system, as I dont plan on going into deep water with my jeep. I would rather have a few extra HP.

Quick Reply: Picking up my JK today after having a Sprintex Supercharger installed!!