Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Polaris DAGOR, a preview of the next Wrangler?

Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Polaris DAGOR, a preview of the next Wrangler?

Saw this article this morning and it got me thinking, "could this thing be previewing some of the next Wrangler features?" It does has some impressive specs, and an IFS. It is roughly the same size as the current JKU, with aluminum construction, and was developed with the help of Roush. The drive train is COTS components, Commercial-Off The Shelf. The tires appear to be 33" on 17" wheels.

The Army's Next-Gen Combat Vehicles Are Half-Sized Warthogs

2015 Polaris Defense Dagor : Features

Click image for larger version

Name:	ol4xo77ympi4zj4gc6t3.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	579369Click image for larger version

Name:	jca2hjkmaaonzz40kugf.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	579370
Old 10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice off-road rig, but it'd never do well as a DD on paved roads, or for winter driving.
As a combat vehicle it's cool. If it ever sees action in the Mideast against the Muslim extremists, it will be neat to see their reaction to those "Star of David" custom wheels.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Would be better to say terrorist instead using the word muslim.... thank you

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vt.rider
Nice off-road rig, but it'd never do well as a DD on paved roads, or for winter driving. As a combat vehicle it's cool. If it ever sees action in the Mideast against the Muslim extremists, it will be neat to see their reaction to those "Star of David" custom wheels.
a very unwise person made the very same statement about the Jeep we drive today. When it was unveiled for WWII, people said the same thing. Yet, here you are today driving the conceptual vehicle that started it all.

As with anything military, they always civilize it prior to DD civilian use.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Moezer
Would be better to say terrorist instead using the word muslim.... thank you Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Are you kidding me..... Some people are just looking to be offended. And no...... Thank you.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moezer
Would be better to say terrorist instead using the word muslim.... thank you Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
One in the same when adding extremist and Middle East.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

I am intrigued by that front IFS, because if it truly is COTS, we may just be looking at Dana/Spicer's IFS components for the next JK. This vehicle is very close, size-wise, to the current JKU. Although none of the pictures I have seen show the rear suspension clearly, it appears to be a solid rear axle on long arms and coils. There is no top lean in the pics when loaded with nine passengers. I'm betting it is a Dana 44 from the Toledo line. Polaris is also being very tight-lipped about the source of the Diesel engine and transmission. A next-gen Jeep, aluminum body on frame, is a real return to its roots, IFS not withstanding.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Vt.rider
Nice off-road rig, but it'd never do well as a DD on paved roads, or for winter driving.
As a combat vehicle it's cool. If it ever sees action in the Mideast against the Muslim extremists, it will be neat to see their reaction to those "Star of David" custom wheels.
Six pointed stars are a frequent motif in Arabic architecture. Those wheel are no big deal.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the front end and windshield for the next Jeep will be in that manner. It will have to meet EPA requirements so the only way to get there is to make it more aerodynamic. Think prius with mud tarz. Or they could just improve the engine to get better gas mileage but we know thats not going to happen. I hope Fiat doesn't eff up this model when they have such a good thing going.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are Walker Evans Beadlocks (Or they could be the fake streetlocs).

The vehicle has a nice IFS suspension where the front arms are almost centermounted under the vehicle. With a few mods it could be a KOH Ultra car

Quick Reply: Polaris DAGOR, a preview of the next Wrangler?