Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

to power group or not to power group..this is the question

Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to power group or not to power group..this is the question

Im finding that there are a lot of 2 door sports out there without the power package on the dealers lots and selling for a nice affordable REASONABLE prices. Id like to hear from people without power windows and locks and if they are sorry they didnt get the power group and why.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have power on my 4door but I had a 2door without power in the past and I liked it without the power. If I got a 2dr again it would be without power for savings and less to go wrong
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had no power in my 09 2 door. When I sold that and got a 12 2 door rubicon , I wanted the power options. Its only like $600. The power door locks are great. Especially for opening the rear. Windows don't matter much. Roll up windows just feel cheap to me.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't have the power group in my 07. It was fine except that the windows liked to fall down on their own every few days. I was constantly rolling them back up. Also the drivers door roll knob was right at my knee and I always rubbed against it. Sometimes I can still feel the spot on my knee.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Power for sure.
  • Power window lifters actually weigh less than manual cranks (or so I've heard).
  • You can lock/unlock all the doors at once.
  • You can adjust the passenger side mirror from the driver's seat. Useful on the trail.
  • If you get the power group by selecting the 24S package you get lots of other nice goodies.
  • Compared to the 7 computers already in all JKs, the extra complexity doesn't amount to much.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

No power. Because I havent seen half doors with power. Just kidding.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a two door with no power locks or windows. It feels cheap, and it is. I regret not having the power group. Frankly it's embarrassing to not have power locks or windows.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an 08 with power and a 10 without. Won't get one without again - so convenient. Can also put everything into the half doors (well not the windows...) to make em power locks if you want. The most convenient is the tailgate, unlocking with the key fob - never thought I'd want something like that in a Jeep, and the auto lock/unlock when in the Jeep. I don't believe in automatics, but do like the power accessories

Edit: both are 2-door

Go 'Noles !!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did not get any power options with my 2012 rubi and i still dont want them . its a 2 door how hard is it to lean over 2 feet and flip a latch to unlock the passanger door? i also like having crank windows i dont need any eletrical power to move them at any time nor is there any stitches / relays / motors to have to worry about.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't have a single complaint or regret with my manual doors/windows.

Quick Reply: to power group or not to power group..this is the question