Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pro-cal JUNK!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-cal JUNK!

I purchased a Procal for my 2011 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed manual. Everything works great except for what I purchased it for....my speedometer! I have reset the tire size numerous times but still 2 mph higher then what my GPS says. Of all the adjustments, I was either too high or too low on the speedo. I like the 1 touch lane change, TPS, Daytime running lights, etc., but that was not the reason for buyin the Procal!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default A little harsh

It's off by "2mph" and everything else works great and its junk? Thats a little harsh. Mine worked fine with my 08JK and 35x12.50 KM2's. Maybe you are measuring it wrong, just a thought
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dude calm down its probably your gps that's the junk ! I have a 2011 and it works great , read the write ups about it no complaints

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Careful with that title, did you want to start a war? GPSs have been known to direct people into oceans, how trustworthy do you really think they are? Try some decaf tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I purchased a Procal for my 2011 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed manual. Everything works great except for what I purchased it for....my speedometer! I have reset the tire size numerous times but still 2 mph higher then what my GPS says. Of all the adjustments, I was either too high or too low on the speedo. I like the 1 touch lane change, TPS, Daytime running lights, etc., but that was not the reason for buyin the Procal!
GPS receivers are typically accurate within 5-15 meters which is nearly (16-50) feet. Don't rely on it for speed checking.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK4x4wrangler
It's off by "2mph" and everything else works great and its junk? Thats a little harsh. Mine worked fine with my 08JK and 35x12.50 KM2's. Maybe you are measuring it wrong, just a thought
Went as far as measuring from the ground up to the top of the tread. Measured from the tirewall to tirewall and left out the tread....nuttin worked.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Went as far as measuring from the ground up to the top of the tread. Measured from the tirewall to tirewall and left out the tread....nuttin worked.
Went as far as measuring your tire? As opposed to what, going by the size on the sidewall? You are supposed to measure the tire manually before entering it in to the Procal. Your problem is that you are comparing it to a GPS reading, and trusting that it is 100% accurate. They are not.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Went as far as measuring your tire? As opposed to what, going by the size on the sidewall? You are supposed to measure the tire manually before entering it in to the Procal. Your problem is that you are comparing it to a GPS reading, and trusting that it is 100% accurate. They are not.
I did bro! I did not go by whats on the sidewall. Measured the tire with a mesuring tape. And from other post on this site, everyone goes by their GPS to verify that its reading properly.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

There customer service is really horrible. I've been trying to contact them for two weeks with no luck...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Not sure what to say. I've had no problems with mine. But if you have a smart phone u can get a speedometer app and check it. That's what I did and its extremely close. Try that as a second opinion.

Quick Reply: Pro-cal JUNK!