Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

protection while wheeling

Old 01-20-2015, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
When I read this doesn't make me want to carry, makes me not want to stop and help someone on the trail. See a guy on the trail stuck...turn around, he may have a gun.
I am not one to hate or bash but these comments kill me. I (we) carry because of a-holes that are out there that sole purpose is to do someone harm in one way or another. I have come across many of really awesome people that carry and are always willing to help someone out. Just because someone carries a weapon doesn't make them a bad person or a criminal. This is just another uneducated statement
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
My understanding is if the vehicle is moving and you don't have a concealed carry it needs to be unloaded and locked in a separate container from the ammo. Best place to find out for sure would be Calguns.

That is not entirely true you do have to have it locked up but the ammo and he firearm can be in the same case if you want. But cannot be however loaded with a mag in the firearm or a round in the chamber.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Springfield armory .45 and a Remington 12 gauge slug gun if I'm deep in the woods far from civilization.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just in joy
That is not entirely true you do have to have it locked up but the ammo and he firearm can be in the same case if you want. But cannot be however loaded with a mag in the firearm or a round in the chamber.
this, also my understanding is firearm cannot be locked in glove box or center console. Depending on wheelin location, I sometimes have my Springfield XD 9 locked under passenger seat in Tuffy's carry box.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by k0260
this, also my understanding is firearm cannot be locked in glove box or center console. Depending on wheelin location, I sometimes have my Springfield XD 9 locked under passenger seat in Tuffy's carry box.
That is 100% true, it sucks even thought the center console locks with the Key. I either have to buy or weld something to my jeep to keep someone from walking off with my pistol and my locked case.

I Personally lock mine up in the center console and call it a day. If they do find it then it would be under illegal search and seizure. when I am on the trail I just unlock it. Living in Kommifornia sucks, I moved her from a free state can conceal carry and also open carry without issue Washington St.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Just in joy
That is 100% true, it sucks even thought the center console locks with the Key. I either have to buy or weld something to my jeep to keep someone from walking off with my pistol and my locked case. I Personally lock mine up in the center console and call it a day. If they do find it then it would be under illegal search and seizure. when I am on the trail I just unlock it. Living in Kommifornia sucks, I moved her from a free state can conceal carry and also open carry without issue Washington St.

I agree living in the PRC (people's republic of California ) and being a firearms owner are at odds. Firearms laws as well as High taxes, heavy traffic, crazy politicians, etc. prompted me to move to AZ

My favorite trail guns ...... S&W Governor, Beretta 92, or Taurus PT-111
Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

In the freedom state of PA either my Glock 22 or if I am CC Ruger SR9C
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I agree living in the PRC (people's republic of California ) and being a firearms owner are at odds. Firearms laws as well as High taxes, heavy traffic, crazy politicians, etc. prompted me to move to AZ My favorite trail guns ...... S&W Governor, Beretta 92, or Taurus PT-111
We are doing the same thing in July. Adios commiefornia!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by htm7765
I am not one to hate or bash but these comments kill me. I (we) carry because of a-holes that are out there that sole purpose is to do someone harm in one way or another. I have come across many of really awesome people that carry and are always willing to help someone out. Just because someone carries a weapon doesn't make them a bad person or a criminal. This is just another uneducated statement
I didn't understand his comment the way you did. Post above his describes a situation where a fellow on a quad thought some guys who were posing as stranded were actually out to steal his. Then the post you quote says that situation didn't make him want to carry. It made him want to stop helping stranded people. That isn't an "uneducated statement". It's a prudent decision, sad commentary that it is.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Depends on the situation. For everyday use the FNH FNS-40 comes with me everywhere. Out on the farm and in the woods: Mossberg 835 turkey. I usually just bring those at most, I don't see a need for much more than that. Sometimes I'll bring the AR I built if I feel like it, but that's pretty rare.

Quick Reply: protection while wheeling