Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pulling on the highway

Old 04-26-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO! I just got back from the dealership and they said they were willing to fix it at their expense by installing a Fox steering damper. Does anyone think that will work? Honestly I don't see it doing anything but making it harder to pull off center. Ideas? Thoughts? $330 wasted??
Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken a steering damper never fixes anything. All they do is mask an underlying problem until that problem causes your new damper to weaken and fail. You should always be able to drive perfectly fine without a steering damper at any given time.

Sent from my Go Go Gadget handheld device.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twoxstreem
I have a 4" lift and it has always pulled a little to the left. Somedays feel like it's more than others. With a lifted jeep I think there will always be some play and flex.
Update:

I upgraded my original BDS poly BDS UCA and LCA front control arms with new BDS adj. arms. The new Forged flex ends and vulcanized bushings are sick. It now drives straight and the ride is much smoother. After the swap i will never use poly again. The new arms are built for seriously over built and a work of art and have great geometry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDS control arms.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	571891

Quick Reply: Pulling on the highway