Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Put a deposit down on a JKUR coming in Monday

Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put a deposit down on a JKUR coming in Monday

It's a Black Rubicon, Auto, Hardtop....and that's pretty much it.

I was wanting Nav and heated seats, but I can't really find one without a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want to pay for.

Will I be upset not having the Nav radio? Heated seats are an easy fix, radio is quite a bit more, but still cheaper if I go aftermarket.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Oh, there's also a Billet Silver one with the same options coming the following week. I might pass on the Black one and grab the Silver. But needed to leave the $ down so I have first right of refusal in case someone else snags it.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your gonna be happy with the rubicon regardless, excellent choice.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1LuckyJK
Your gonna be happy with the rubicon regardless, excellent choice.

You're right!

Just sold my 2000 TJ 2 weeks ago and have been waiting rather impatiently to get this 2013.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got heated seats. I don't use them, I don't like them, they take up way to much room under the seat. And I live much further north than you do. You won't miss them.

As for the Nav, Go to cars toys some day and have one put in. Easy fix.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

You'll be happy with your decision reguardless. Though the billet silver is a great color. May be worth the wait.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got both and don't regret it... I had a 2011 and a different 2012 and neither had it. I knew from experience that I wanted them. Also, got side airbags in the seats and recommend them.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats. Everyone has different experiences with after market gear, but I thought I would share mine with you because it was miserable. I had a 2009 Rubicon that I got on clearance. It was the last one and was like $8000 off the list price. I got it because it was a good deal. It sounds like it was equipped with a similar package that you are considering in the black Rubicon. It didn't have NAV and similar to you, I questioned if it was worth sacrificing what I really wanted.

I thought ok no NAV that's an easy fix. I went to Car Toys and bought a top off the line Kenwood. It was a lot of money and I bought the extended warranty. To make a REALLY LONG story short, the unit would reboot randomly all of the time, multiple times a day. It sucked because it would take 60-90 seconds to start up. We went through three Kenwood units - two new, one refurbished. I think at the time it was the 9140 and was the best one they sold. After fighting with Car Toys for what seemed like forever, they put a brand new Pioneer in. It was the top of the line, but I can't remember the model. Anyway, this one was better, but it would reboot once a week. I don't know if it had to do with canbus system in the Jeep or what, but it was sooooooo annoying.

It was seriously a contributing factor when I traded for my 2012. My new JK came with NAV and I couldn't be happier. It works great, doesn't reboot, and it's really to go about 10-15 seconds after firing up the car

Just wanted to share my experience. I'm sure others have had no problems with aftermarket NAV units, but I had the worst luck ever!

Congrats on whichever rig u decide on!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
Though the billet silver is a great color. May be worth the wait.
I agree. Great looking color!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abqtj
Oh, there's also a Billet Silver one with the same options coming the following week. I might pass on the Black one and grab the Silver. But needed to leave the $ down so I have first right of refusal in case someone else snags it.
If I didn't order white I would have got the billet silver. When I had my last black jkr I feel like every jeep I saw was black. Black is crowd favorite.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit down on a JKUR coming in Monday