Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

question for all "flex" folks

Old 11-24-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

question for all "flex" folks. I just put a 2.5" Skyjacker lift on a 4 Door sahara. 1) should i add the sway bar disconnects if i only plan to do light 4 wheeling and definately not rock climbing? 2) what about longer brake lines, when are they needed?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default word

Originally Posted by ebc-tmc
question for all "flex" folks. I just put a 2.5" Skyjacker lift on a 4 Door sahara. 1) should i add the sway bar disconnects if i only plan to do light 4 wheeling and definately not rock climbing? 2) what about longer brake lines, when are they needed?
in a TJ, removing the sway bar not only improves flex, but makes off road travel 50% less bone jarring...

I say spend the $ and get a good JKS one...

I'm more familiar w/the TJ, but I imagine that your flex will be limited by the shocks / binding before your brake lines are in danger... but if u have access to an off road location or a RTI ramp you can check.

Drive up on it, and at full flex see if the brake lines are pulled tight... or if they have slack left.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally won't ever buy quick discos for sway bar link disco cause it takes a wrench, a wratchet, 2 zipties, and 30 seconds to disconnect them the way they are... and oh yeah if you're gonna wheel... .disconnect them and be ready to be amazed by the flex (take a camera)
Old 11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
i personally won't ever buy quick discos for sway bar link disco cause it takes a wrench, a wratchet, 2 zipties, and 30 seconds to disconnect them the way they are... and oh yeah if you're gonna wheel... .disconnect them and be ready to be amazed by the flex (take a camera)
I agree that it's easy to disco manually without QDs (I did a write-up on it here). But there ain't nothin' wrong with making an easy task easier. I have to admit, I almost get giddy everytime I disconnect and reconnect my Teraflex quick discos... disconnecting manually does not take 30 seconds-- it's quick, but it's several minutes for sure and reconnecting usually takes longer. With the Tera QDs it really is 30 seconds, so I'm happy with them.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done several comparisons with the Edisco and there is an amazing difference. When it's disconnected it's like riding on a cloud as opposed to a super bumpy experience....night and day. Flex is cool too.

Quick Reply: question for all "flex" folks