Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Questions bc I'm a girl and need help!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Christys73
I have factory everything. I want new, heavy duty wipers, could anyone recommend some? Also, floor mats, prefer rubber, any suggestions that worked for you? Real concern, my back wiper is not working, it is plugged in, could it be a fuse? Anyway to test the motor in there? Thanks in advance.
I've tried so many blades many mentioned above and they all suck lol (I'm in Canada) my jeep buddy mechanic said go back to the cheap steel ones and replace every six months or so. I listened and they work better and I'm not any poorer switching $7 blades every 6 mo's then replacing $30-$40 blades every 8 mo's to a year. Our Canadian dollar sucks $$$$$$$
Old 11-25-2015, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I've tried so many blades many mentioned above and they all suck lol (I'm in Canada) my jeep buddy mechanic said go back to the cheap steel ones and replace every six months or so. I listened and they work better and I'm not any poorer switching $7 blades every 6 mo's then replacing $30-$40 blades every 8 mo's to a year. Our Canadian dollar sucks $$$$$$$
aka people who live in Canada are hopeless ;-) nothing will hold up to your winters.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Posts were deleted, let's please exercise some civility and try to stay on topic. Thanks
Old 11-25-2015, 10:34 PM
JK Super Freak

ive used the same bosh icons for about 2 years now. just wax the blades every now and then to keep them, from drying out / cracking and replace them when the blade lays over and starts to smear the water instead of wipe it away. ive used bosch / trico / rainx / anco anda few others they all seem to work about the same some just look a little better then the others imo.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone for your help. I will look into everything you all have suggested! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-26-2015, 03:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Check fuse M30. Blue, 15 amp. It is for the rear wiper module and "power folding windows". Hey, that's straight out of my '07 owner's manual!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still on my factory 2012 set of wipers, they've lasted quite a while and have recently started to streak. I've read previously that the convex silicone wiper blades don't work as well on our flat windshield and will likely get a metal hinged set to replace.

I purchased a set of Rugged Ridge floor mats for my 2 door, they were the only ones I could find a good review for fitment with the rear seat mats and the cargo mat with the rear seat in. They have flexed a bit on me but so far they're deep and hold water well.

Quick Reply: Questions bc I'm a girl and need help!