Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A Quick Take on Why the Two-Door JK Reigns Supreme

Old 08-31-2016, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 4 door can always remove the rear doors to become longer wheel base 2 door ,,,,,,,,,,,, pretty sure the baddest jeep ever made was mbrp rattlecage with the cummins and it was a 4 door .Dam I miss my old yellow CJ7

Last edited by JeeP_MarK; 08-31-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On tight mountain trails having a 2 door is very nice. You can avoid quite a few extra turns on switchbacks and maneuvering through trees is far easier. People and cargo space remain at a premium however and now that I'm doing more camping and overnight trips, the 4 door would have made things easier. I very much enjoy the tight turning radius though. Long hill climbs are definitely easier and safer in the 4 door due to the longer wheelbase. With enough money and work you could stretch the 2 door to make that bit better though.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm torn, too. I have a 2 door and probably always will. To me, a Wrangler is 2 door, period. I love the way it drives and feels and the feeling that I so enjoy is gone with the 4 door. That said, there certainly are times I'd like the extra space. Fortunately, I have a small family with one child and 2 small dogs so for the most part it's no big deal. Nope, the 2 door is where it's at for me.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSyndrome
Nostalgic value? Who could argue the 2 door isn't it? .... It does better in tight canyons. ....
">

Yup, much better speed on Angeles Crest in my 2 door than my 1098 :o

In all seriousness , not having a 4-door to compare to, the 2-door does handle highways and canyons as well as arroyos and rock gardens and I am sure the 4-door does as well.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I can put everything we need to camp in my 4 dr. but, everyone has their own criteria. It would be a sad day if there were only 2 doors. Oh yeah. lol Anyway 2 dr. or 4 dr., they are not what they used to be.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
You can talk about storage, rock climbing, whatever. I still don't think the JKU looks right. Soft tops look funny. Sunrider open looks like it's broken. Doorless looks funny. And the perma-hardtop just makes me mad. I do not like them Sam I am.
I think the 2 door looks like it's been cut short and is missing something, kind of like a woman with no buns, hon.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
I can put everything we need to camp in my 4 dr. but, everyone has their own criteria. It would be a sad day if there were only 2 doors. Oh yeah. lol Anyway 2 dr. or 4 dr., they are not what they used to be.
Not what they used to be? Yeah, that's true. My old Jeeps used to have far more problems, rusted like crazy, and rode like a conestoga wagon.
I love having the option of 2 or 4 doors. They both have their place. I'd have both if I could.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have both if I could.
Me too. I tried to persuade the wife to get a 4 door. My argument, unfortunately, proved as futile as a cat-flap in an elephant house.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I think the 2 door looks like it's been cut short and is missing something, kind of like a woman with no buns, hon.
REALLY?!?!?! So you think that 9 years of JKUs has totally erased the silhouette and image of 65 years worth of Jeeps? Kinda sad. The man van of the 2000s.

Last edited by Cutman; 09-03-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Doors

I have had many Wranglers. 2 and 4 doors. This time around, we decided on a 2 door. I have been a Jeeper since 94 and have always had a Wrangler since 97. Both models have their plus and minus side. This time around I wanted to be different, not see myself coming and going with a 4 door. Is the 2 door small? Yep, but with 3:73 gears it moves! Plus our other car is a Trailhawk, 4 doors also allows for the 2 door Wrangler.